LaunchBox Community Forums

Roms HELP !? (Renaming,Removing Dupes)

Kristijan1001

I would like to know whats the best way to remove duplicate,hacked,broken etc Roms ?
is there a program that does this and which one ?
i got Roms Center and i used TOSEC Data Pack dunno if this a correct way to do this and if this database is the best one ,dunno where to get other databases that are complete.I want a database where i can confirm that i have all the games and not missing at least alot of them.
Also if anyone knows where to get fully complete packs of roms would be really helpfull if u can pm me since its not allowed here.

Thanks ALOT ! ^_^

Edited by Kristijan1001

I would look for and use No-Intro sets, they are considered the best and you don't get a bunch of junk.  Past that, all I used was the Windows Search function to search out games I would want to delete. You can also enable the ability to delete roms from within LaunchBox. Once I paired a collection down to what I want, if I find any stragglers left in LB I remove them this way. There is a program to filter for the Good Rom Sets, but it's confusing and No-Intro Sets are still the best.

Just now, SentaiBrad said:

I would look for and use No-Intro sets, they are considered the best and you don't get a bunch of junk.  Past that, all I used was the Windows Search function to search out games I would want to delete. You can also enable the ability to delete roms from within LaunchBox. Once I paired a collection down to what I want, if I find any stragglers left in LB I remove them this way. There is a program to filter for the Good Rom Sets, but it's confusing and No-Intro Sets are still the best.

can i get a straight link to no intro and abit of explaination because ive been trying whole day to figure this thing out went to no intro website and i am confused alot.Thanks alot for the reply

2 minutes ago, SentaiBrad said:

Sorry, but no you can't get a link. The No-Intro site is also not going to have links for you. Google will be your friend in this case.

ok thanks i guess :\ .Found some i guess i should test it out with RomCenter if i am not mistaken ? or is there something out there thats even better ? also can you please explain about the launchbox feature of removing roms ?

If you open the options menu, the menu it starts on has a check box that when checked will allow you to delete games. So when you press Delete in LaunchBox on a game, it will remove it from LB, then ask if you want to delete the rom file. I know the rom stuff can get confusing, but if you search no intro rom set, or no intro roms, no-intro, etc, it's pretty specific and you should find some downloads. If you're comfortable with torrents too you can find those as well. I honestly don't know what RomCenter is, but you don't really need it for what you're doing. If it has some cool features to help you prune out games, then sure it can be useful, but if you start from a No-Intro base, use the windows search in the top right hand corner when you are viewing the games folder, you should be fairly good to go. No-Intro doesn't include all that extra crap. I used to use Good Sets (which are very similar to Tosec sets), but they are much more of a hassle.

Also, sorry about being a bit strict with no giving out links, we have to have a strict policy on this so that we can protect our selves just in case. So this means no distributing games, and links count as this.

3 minutes ago, SentaiBrad said:

If you open the options menu, the menu it starts on has a check box that when checked will allow you to delete games. So when you press Delete in LaunchBox on a game, it will remove it from LB, then ask if you want to delete the rom file. I know the rom stuff can get confusing, but if you search no intro rom set, or no intro roms, no-intro, etc, it's pretty specific and you should find some downloads. If you're comfortable with torrents too you can find those as well. I honestly don't know what RomCenter is, but you don't really need it for what you're doing. If it has some cool features to help you prune out games, then sure it can be useful, but if you start from a No-Intro base, use the windows search in the top right hand corner when you are viewing the games folder, you should be fairly good to go. No-Intro doesn't include all that extra crap. I used to use Good Sets (which are very similar to Tosec sets), but they are much more of a hassle.

Also, sorry about being a bit strict with no giving out links, we have to have a strict policy on this so that we can protect our selves just in case. So this means no distributing games, and links count as this.

I though No Intro was a database for the games i guess it is a rom set by a group called No Intro.I misunderstood that. i also picked a wrong system to troubleshoot with Atari2600 which is not even in the No Intro set.Thanks Alot btw Appricate it