LaunchBox Community Forums

DB Continuous Development Thread v1 ("Beta" Thread)

Vlansix

Heya guys,

I've been AWOL for a bit due to some personal stuff, but I'm back now!

Anyways, here's a quick update:

1. Max players is now locked to a numerical value so as to prevent internal server errors.

2. Date field now only accepts dates, so as to prevcent internal server errors.

3. Any change sent from the Game Details page will now request a reason before submitting the changes. It's entirely optional, but will help with moderating if reasoning/sources are added :) It's still a work in progress, I've got to add it to game deletions and image changes/uploads, but it's getting there. Should be completed tomorrow. 

I'll go through all of your comments here shortly. Thanks for the feedback, gang :).

Edited by Vlansix
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, FistyDollars said:

I don't want my gameplay statistics being uploaded, even anonymously. I hope that doesn't become a "feature".

Aye, if we were to do something like this, it wouldn't be anything mandatory. No worries :). We're really big on the whole privacy/"don't track me bro" thing.

46 minutes ago, FistyDollars said:

Lol sorry if that sounded a little paranoid; I'm instinctively wary about my privacy on the Internet, but I should know better around you guys.

I Agree about making that something optional, but people interested in using the feature should also participate providing their own stats, otherwise there may not be enough data to make the data significance. I feel the same as you about privacy but if data is collected anonymously there's nothing to worry about.

On 6/12/2016 at 11:31 PM, In virtute Dei said:

@grupoapunte Those are great ideas, but they probably would not be implemented for quite awhile as they get other things done on the database before moving on to stuff like that.  If you leave a enhancement ticket on the bit bucket, I'm sure people would upvote it though :) .

I make my living as a data scientist, so if you need a hand on the definition of this metrics or anything related to it I'll be happy to contribute.

• Like 1

The reason fields and the skip are a Godsend! I can moderate more efficiently now by skipping things I know I am unfamiliar with. And being able to explain my changes is likely going to be a huge help for other people moderating. AWESOME JOB!

• Like 1

Any chance the ability to edit our moderation's post submission but pre-approval will be able to be done? I keep submitting stuff and I don't know if it's my mouse wheel last second changing the field value but I keep trying to input North America and it will switch over to Korea or Norway etc. and then I have to remember to re-edit those later after approval. Not a big deal but would probably be less confusing for moderators. :)