LaunchBox Community Forums

Using Controller for Philips CD-i

angelobodetti

So has anyone been able to configure and xbox 360 controller with MESS specifically for the CD-i. My controller works with MESS no problem for other arcades and systems, but for some reason only the mouse works with CD-i - which is annoying and personally not worth it for me within LaunchBox because I don't like to need a keyboard and mouse to play games.

Any help is appreciated!

• 6 months later...

I was wrestling with this too in Mame/Mess but I think I've got it figured out and wanted to share.

In Mame/Mess hit Tab and select Input (This Machine), mine are setup as in the first image to use either the controller or a mouse. I have a PS4 controller using inputmapper emulated as Xbox 360 controller, and it is working well for the games I tested. The Button 1 and 2 are left/right buttons on the mouse, and A/B on the PS4. The mouse is only using the Mouse X and Mouse Y Analog, the PS4 controller is using the Mouse X Analog Dec/Inc and Mouse Y Analog Dec/Inc controls. For the mouse movement just click on Mouse X/Y Analog and move the mouse left for the X setting, and up for the Y.

Also in the Mame/Mess settings, go to Analog Controls and change the Mouse X and Mouse Y digital speed to something that works well for you. I had mine at 6 and it seemed alright for some of the point and click games. The speeds didn't seem to matter for games like Hotel Mario or any where you are moving a character around using left/right/up/down, the speeds are mostly for mouse style games if you plan on using a joystick controller like Xbox 360 or PS4 instead of a mouse. 

1.JPG

2.JPG

Edited by zorkiii
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 5/19/2017 at 1:55 PM, zorkiii said:

I was wrestling with this too in Mame/Mess but I think I've got it figured out and wanted to share.

In Mame/Mess hit Tab and select Input (This Machine), mine are setup as in the first image to use either the controller or a mouse. I have a PS4 controller using inputmapper emulated as Xbox 360 controller, and it is working well for the games I tested. The Button 1 and 2 are left/right buttons on the mouse, and A/B on the PS4. The mouse is only using the Mouse X and Mouse Y Analog, the PS4 controller is using the Mouse X Analog Dec/Inc and Mouse Y Analog Dec/Inc controls. For the mouse movement just click on Mouse X/Y Analog and move the mouse left for the X setting, and up for the Y.

Also in the Mame/Mess settings, go to Analog Controls and change the Mouse X and Mouse Y digital speed to something that works well for you. I had mine at 6 and it seemed alright for some of the point and click games. The speeds didn't seem to matter for games like Hotel Mario or any where you are moving a character around using left/right/up/down, the speeds are mostly for mouse style games if you plan on using a joystick controller like Xbox 360 or PS4 instead of a mouse. 

1.JPG

2.JPG

This was a huge help - thanks so much! ?