LaunchBox Community Forums

Resolved - My Rejections - Informational

FoxyMonty

First of all any rejection has a rejection reason in it. If the change received 3 rejections the reasons become visible.

Now for the reason why it was rejected.

I didn't moderate this one but I would have rejected it also. The reason is simple it has no gameplay in it. I want to look at the video and see how the game is. 

39 minutes ago, Belgarath said:

But it's the same as the video that's already there except it's better quality..

Yes but why replace a wrong thing with a wrong thing with a better quality. I would have written in the rejection

"We aim for gameplay footage instead of trailer / teaser videos. Please review your submission and make a delete request or change the existing one for a gameplay video."

@FoxyMonty do you have anything else?

Edited by Cebion

That's probably the best idea @FoxyMonty. If it's straight gameplay, then it's probably from EmuMovies and is downloaded from within LaunchBox with LB Premium and EmuMovies Premium. You can access the video from their site or ftp with premium as well. In this case though, these would be YouTube links, so there might not be any crossover. I've long since asked Jason if straight YouTube streaming inside of LB could be possible too. The only reason why I say that two categories might not be a great idea is because of EM crossing over. The video is already downloaded within LB assuming a user is set up for that, and this can undermine that. That's partly why I am leaning way more towards the videos being trailers.

Yeah I can understand it would be very difficult to distinguish between the two and categorize them. Either need to accept only gameplay or trailers or open the doors to both.

People will have their own preferences on whether they want gameplay only or don't mind trailers. A game isn't limited to downloading only one video per game is it? 

If not then people can adjust that themselves and delete the videos they do not want, if you allow for both.

Edited by FoxyMonty

• Vlansix changed the title to Resolved - My Rejections - Informational