LaunchBox Community Forums

Do rom folders can be moved or updated?

snoopybooh

Hi guys! I didn't spot any option to change rom folders location on Launchbox. Is it me or for some awkard reasons Launchabox doesn't allow you to change roms folders locations? Actually it's not a big deal now  'cause I've got some space on my 2nd HD, but my rom collection is getting bigger than bigger day by day so I'm trying to figure out how can I update roms folders locations when my rom collection will need to be moved to another HD. It's also a matter of backup, how can I backup my collection without having to reimport all the videos, images, etc for every platform?

It doesn't by default if you have NotePad++ it is easy to open you platform specific XML and use the find and replace method to change all the paths with a few keystrokes there are numerous post on the forums the give step by step instructions on how to do so. I know a few user in the past didn't like this suggestion but it is truly your only option at the moment besides deleting your games and reimporting them using your new preferred location