LaunchBox Community Forums

How to bulk change game path

Retrofrogg

Somehow, the game path for one of my platforms (NES) changed - the drive letter changed, from z: to v:. Not sure how this happened as I don't remember it ever being v: Anyway, I need to change the drive letter part of the path of all the roms back to z: I tried the bulk edit feature, and whilst there is a lot there, I could not see the rom path as an option. Am I missing something? Thanks!

Edited by Dan

There is no native way to do this from within LB  but it is easily accomplished using NotePad++. Make sure LB is closed while you do this Go to your LB folder and open the Data subfolder then find your NES xml. Open the XML using NP++ and go up to search and select find, In the new form that opens type in the path to all of your NES games ending with the subfolder they are all in then click count to make sure you have the right path if no results are found you didn't type the right path. If you do indeed get a number for your count the go to the replace tab and put in your desired path and click replace all save the new xml close NP++ and open LB all should be fixed.

• Like 1

Thanks DOS76, I did that and the paths were all replaced. The ROMs still don't load however. When I re-open Launchbox and edit the details for a ROM, it is still showing as the old path (v:). Doesn't it update automatically when you edit the XML outside of Launchbox?

Edited by Dan