LaunchBox Community Forums

Update failed, now Launchbox won't launch.

subsist99

Hi guys, I tried to update Launchbox today to the newest version but got a message that the update failed and it rolled back the changes already made. Now when I go to open launchbox I just get the spinning circle for a few seconds then nothing, no error message or anyhting, just nothing happens at all.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem> Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you.

If it's still not working, go in to your updates folder (inside the LB folder), sort it by date, and choose the latest exe, and install it again on top of your current install. Nothing will change or get erased. If that still doesn't work, pick the next exe in that list, then try and update again when LB launches. I think either the download or install got corrupted (potentially).

• 1 year later...

I just want to say what an awesomely easy process it was to fix this problem. I got worried as I updated, what if I broke my install! I spent a lot of time on it. Then it did break, but was easy to re-install via updates folder. One note, my games collection was empty on first launch (pretty scary!), but appeared after exiting and re-launching :). This is the first update that ever went wrong, likely due to BigBox not closing properly, but I feel better knowing the risk is minimal when I upgrade.

• Like 1