LaunchBox Community Forums

Neo Geo (AES) has no image in Big Box?

Retrofrogg

Yea, the AES doesn't have images for the hardware yet on the database. It's actually got no images at all. You can grab a Clear Logo pack to insert in to your library manually, but there are a lot of systems that need media updates that will happen at some point. I like the Silver Ring Clear Logo pack myself if you want to use that:

Well the Database is all community ran. We had a base to start off with, but we've severely expanded on it, enhanced it and we're trying to make it as feature complete as possible. Jason barely has enough time to get in all the features he wants, sadly, we don't have too much time to also populate the Database sometimes, with console images or game images. Someone was kind enough to make a thread with Metadata and Media for all of the consoles that were missing, and some consoles that had partial images or images that could be improved. Doing that though still takes time from Jason, or if Alex is around to help us but we don't want to ask too much of him as he donates his time.

Fair enough SentaiBrad. Hopefully a future release will have images for all the available systems. 

I took a look at the Silver Ring logo set. Looks very nice, however - I think when selecting a system (at least in Big Box mode), there really needs to be a good picture of the system and the controller - not just a logo. 

On that note, any plans to add small icons to the platform selection screen in Desktop mode (like other Frontends offer, such as OpenEmU)? Really makes it look nicer and easier to navigate.

Edit: realise that the Silver Ring logo set is for the wheel on the left. I was actually referring to a picture of the system that appears in the main window.

Edited by Dan

• 1 month later...