LaunchBox Community Forums

when i exit pcsx2, bigbox closes

meshflesh

That's what I have too and I use controller automation to exit with my xbox one. 

Sounds like it's sending to escapes maybe? 

Maybe you could try going into your BB settings and set something other than escape for exiting BB to see if that stops BB from exiting? 

18 minutes ago, ckp said:

that's weird. can you post what is in that default script? how are you exiting the game exactly?

Yes. I use controller button combination as well for exiting emulators within big box.  "back+L1" to be specific. 

It works fine in all emulators except pcsx2.

and not to veer off topic too much, the same thing started happening with other emulators after recent LB updates. And this auto hotkey script fix the issue: 

Run, C:\LaunchBox\Nomousy\nomousy.exe /hide

$Esc::

{

Run, C:\LaunchBox\Nomousy\nomousy.exe

}

but,,, that this doesnt work with pcsx2.

8 minutes ago, ckp said:

I don't know, my exiting from pcsx2 to BB seems to work fine and with default ahk script. did you try changing the BB exit mapping to something other than escape just to see if the problem stops with pcsx2?

yes i changed keyboard mapping for "exit" and "back". the issue still persist.  thanks

18 minutes ago, ckp said:

Is Bigbox crashing? You can look inside your windows event viewer to see if it notes BB crashes. I can't think of any other reason why that would happen.

no bb crashes in event viewer. However i notice when BB closes, it remains open within task manager.

8 hours ago, IlhanK said:

It's the Process, Close AHK command that is causing the issue.

http://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/35041-exiting-demul-closes-bigbox/

Yes, I been to that thread. And the AHK in that thread fixed my issues with demul and retroarch.

But pcsx2 still gives problems upon exit.  Is this only happening to me?

NOTE: When using escape key on keyboard...im able to exit pcsx2 fine.  The error only happens when i use controller tro exit emulator.

Also, I have two pc's. and both show the same symptoms. I cant track down the common denominator.

Edited by meshflesh

UPDATE:  I solved the issue.  When I have MSI AFTERBURNER running in the backround,,,pcsx2 exits to desktop when using controller automation.  

Now that the cause for this bug is known....hopefully it can be fixed in the next launchbox beta,   thanks guys!

Edited by meshflesh

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, CatDad500 said:

So I had the same issue with PCSX2 then just deleted the script. Works fine in big box and doesn't crash but I do have to escape twice out of the emulator.

yea.  i tried deleeting script. And you are riight, you then have to close pcsx2 twice. which is not possible with controller. 

But i fixed my issue by turning off msi afterburner. as long as afterburner is running,,,pcsx2 would never close correctly via controller automation

6 hours ago, meshflesh said:

yea.  i tried deleeting script. And you are riight, you then have to close pcsx2 twice. which is not possible with controller. 

But i fixed my issue by turning off msi afterburner. as long as afterburner is running,,,pcsx2 would never close correctly via controller automation

Really? Glad you got it fixed. I do have controller automation enabled and exit = pressing start and select at the same time on my 360 pad.