LaunchBox Community Forums

VERY laggy

chronichemp

Ok, so i am looooovinng my launchbox premium but for some reason it lags like hell the ui.  I have a gtx 1070 and i5-4690k, 16gb ram 2133hz.  Shouldn't it run smooth as butter?  I do have alot of games, could that be the problem? I cant even scroll, the program just takes a long time to load and freezes.  6315, games so far.  is that why? what could i do?

Edited by chronichemp

That should be no problem for your system. I have more than twice as many games and mine works fine with an older cpu than you have.

Did you let LB run long enough the first time to cache all the images it needs to cache? After waiting for this, it "should" be fine.

27 minutes ago, ckp said:

What is freezing? Launchbox or Bigbox? What if you don't have any controllers plugged in and try with keyboard, is it any different? Did you try the setting to use all controllers?

Launchbox

28 minutes ago, ckp said:

That should be no problem for your system. I have more than twice as many games and mine works fine with an older cpu than you have.

Did you let LB run long enough the first time to cache all the images it needs to cache? After waiting for this, it "should" be fine.

Ill give it some time to let the images cache, i did just import 2500 DOS games.  So just leave it on all and minimize? and it will cache everything?

Edited by chronichemp

2 hours ago, ckp said:

Still freezing:(