LaunchBox Community Forums

Controller Port Order in RetroArch

HocusPinkus

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, so sorry in advance if this isn't the right place. The Libretro forums are down, so this is the best option I had.

Okay, so I'm trying to get different controllers in different ports (player 1, player 2, etc.) for different cores, and am having issues. I am using a two-port SNES controller adapter to USB, and a fight stick with an XBOX 360 layout. I want to use the fightstick as player 1 for the FBalpha core (I use it for CPS2 games), and have the two SNES controllers as players 2 and 3. For all the other cores, I want the SNES controllers as player 1 and 2, with the fight stick as player 3.

I have made a custom config file for the FBAlpha core, and set in Launchbox for RetroArch to load that custom config for CPS2 games (this part works, it loads the config only for CPS2 games, not for others). I then wanted to make retroarch.cfg the file with SNES controllers as player 1 and 2. The configs load properly for their respected cores, so this likely is not the issue. The issue lies with RetroArch automatically assigning ports, and I don't know how to change it to load a controller in the correct port.

The buttons and controls are properly mapped, and I have tried changing the input_playerX_joypad_index to different numbers to no effect. I save the configs, and have game and core overrides for the cores as well. I have gotten the FBAlpha config to load the ports correctly (last I tried, anyway), but I did the same things to the default config, and nothing worked.

If anyone knows how to fix this, I would be very thankful. This has taken me days to try and get working, and have only found fixes for this problem for RetroPie using Ubuntu (I'm using a Windows 10 PC, if this helps).

Are you using stable 1.3.6 build or a nightly 1.4.0 beta build ?

If you are using stable 1.3.6 you may want to turn on "per core configs".

I do recommend trying a nightly 1.4.0 beta build though if you have not tried it out. They have made some changes in controller setup. Gone is the "per core config" and now it is in the "core options" where you can save a "core config" or even a "game config".

8 hours ago, lordmonkus said:

Are you using stable 1.3.6 build or a nightly 1.4.0 beta build ?

If you are using stable 1.3.6 you may want to turn on "per core configs".

I do recommend trying a nightly 1.4.0 beta build though if you have not tried it out. They have made some changes in controller setup. Gone is the "per core config" and now it is in the "core options" where you can save a "core config" or even a "game config".

I am using 1.4.0, but it's listed in the stable folder in the download page, not the nightly. The core configs load correctly, I just can't set a specific port order for the controllers.