LaunchBox Community Forums

New User - some questions

legolas119

thanks!  I have configured Demul, it seems good! But nullDC too it seems really good.  I noticed that for example some games are better in nullDC (games from NGdev in particular) and others games are better in nullDC.  

In Launchbox/Big Box if I want I can add both emulators even if they are referred to the same system, am I right? Launchbox consider them as 2 different emulators of different systems, am I right?

Last question: if I want to change some video setting in DEMUL (i noticed that some games are better with a particular video plugin), i can't do this change  directly from lauchbox, is it correct? First i run Demul and i change the video setting; then i run launchbox and i run finally Demul. is it correct?

thanks 

Edited by legolas119

• 1 month later...

Hi guys 

in my pc i have my C disk that is an SDD hard disk (250GB but only 30/40 free) and a normal HDD (2.70 TB).

All my emulators and roms are in the HDD disk.  Do you think that i can install Launchbox directly in the HDD hard disk or is it better to install it in the SDD hard disk? It is quicker for sure but i only have 30 GB free son i can't put here all the emulators, roms and extra-files that i will download with launchbox (video, images, and so on).

What do you suggest? If I install Launchbox in my HDD drive do you think that it will have good performances in any case even if if it isn't in an SDD drive?

thanks!

I noticed a performance boost putting Launchbox on a solid state, but there isn't much you can do with 30 - 40 gigs. Ultimately, this is going to depend on how much stuff you're intending to put into Launchbox. If you're the type of person who has small lists of games you play and only import  a few per system, go the SSD route. If you're full list on everything, definitely use the HDD. I have nothing but LaunchBox and Artwork on a 500 gig SSD and I only have about 100 gigs left. You could attempt to save some space by not downloading videos or manuals, but it sounds like you should probably just use the HDD. The performance isn't bad and there are entire threads on how to speed it up. 

well now i have 70GB free and probably i can save additional 30GB so i will have 100GB free. Usually I don't have full set, only form MAME I have it, without videos. In Launchbox i want to downalod videos for MAME too (i have platinum account in emumovie) so i think that it is better to use the HDD drive in order to install launchbox..

Do you think that it is possible to improve performances even if i use an HDD drive?

this is my pc:

CPU:Intel 1150 i5-4690K M.B.:GIGABYTE Z97MX-Gaming5 VGA:Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4.0GB G1 GAMING RAM:ARES 2x4GB DDR3-2133 SDD:SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB HDD:SEAGATE 3.5" 3000GB ST3000DM001 Barracuda Diss:Thermalright HR-02 MACHO REV.B Ali:Thermaltake Paris 650W ATX 80+Gold SO:WS 7 ULT.SP1 64BIT

Do you think that even if i install launchbox in the HDD i can have good performances?

thank you

Edited by legolas119