LaunchBox Community Forums

7.7 Beta 3 - Crash on startup

dannyg86

Opened issue here (sorry for formatting) https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/2479/v77-beta3-crash-on-startup

That happened after the following:

• Was on Beta 2.
  • Updated to beta 3.
  • Used it for a while, without making any changes to anything (that I recall...).
  • Rebooted computer
  • Launched Launchbox and was presented with the below error:
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
   at System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary`2.ContainsKey(TKey key)
   at (DataManager , String )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.DataManager.LoadGames(String filePath)
   at (DataManager , Boolean , Boolean )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.DataManager.Load(Boolean settingsOnly, Boolean forceReloadAll)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.DataManager..ctor(Boolean bare, Boolean settingsOnly)
   at (String[] )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Program.Main(String[] args)

Maybe I edited a value and left it blank by mistake (it was 3.30am). Can't recall making any changes between the time of it working then updating to beta 3 however.

Happy to help assist with this @Jason Carr - Just let me know if you need more data that I could potentially provide.

Thank you

Edited by dannyg86

I've been having the exact same issue since yesterday, also reported the problem here: https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/2478/crashes-every-time-i-start-the-program

I was downloading some artwork for some games within LaunchBox and had started BigBox various times until one time it didn't open anymore and I was presented with that error message. Haven't been able to open LaunchBox or BigBox since.

I've attached the Data folder if it helps somehow.

Data.zip

Same problem for me after updating to v7.7b3...

Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key

Type:   System.ArgumentNullException
Site:   Boolean ContainsKey(TKey)
Source: mscorlib 7.7-beta-3

at System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary`2.ContainsKey(TKey key)
   at (DataManager , String )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.DataManager.LoadGames(String filePath)
   at (DataManager , Boolean , Boolean )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.DataManager.Load(Boolean settingsOnly, Boolean forceReloadAll)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.DataManager..ctor(Boolean bare, Boolean settingsOnly)
   at (String[] )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Program.Main(String[] args)

I also attached my data folder...

Data.zip

34 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Thank you guys; I just fixed this issue. I believe the issue was that newly created additional applications were missing some data. I'll have a new beta out shortly.

Great stuff @Jason Carr

Will you be so kind as to either PM those affected, or just post the download link to the new beta so we can resolve this issue? I'm not sure if Launchbox will make it as far as checking for new updates, with the current bug. If i'm wrong, then ignore this request :)

Keep up the great work my friend.