LaunchBox Community Forums

Comics Platform - Take 2

JaysArcade

I didn't really like the first platform vid I hacked together for Comics in Bigbox so I set out to try something different.

The video is some stuff I copied from Youtube along with some pan and zoom (Ken Burns) effect on some, ahem, interesting comic art. Music in the video is from OC Remix - Apex 2013: Straight to the Top: Track 03 Darke's Word (Tekken Tag Tournament 2) [Jason Covenant].

Just realized the background vid wasn't showing in the Cityhunter theme for some reason on this take. Oh well, you get the idea.

The clear logos can be found in the downloads section linked below. I won't be sharing the vid on the site because it probably falls into a legal grey area and I don't want the website to get a takedown notice for it, unless of course I get the OK from Jason or one of the mods. Until then however, I can share on a one on one basis if anyone is interested. Just send me a PM.

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/file/231-magazinescomics-platform-stylized-clear-logos/

• Like 3

Its all alphabetical. I really, really, really wish @Jason Carr could implement sub categories in the near future. I don't have much faith that the often requested nested filters will do what I'd like to be able to do. I'd like to be able to open say, the Action Comics category and see all the Action Comics there. Perhaps the playlist feature he has been discussing wlll do this? Anyhow, here is another short video showing what it looks like scrolling through my comics platform in Bigbox and opening a few comics. I use CDisplayEX for viewing comics. Works very well on a cabinet with arcade controls. I also show the platform in Launchbox and show where I put the Custom logos I created. Sorry for repeating the opening sequence. I just can't get enough of that opening vid, LOL.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...