LaunchBox Community Forums

bigbox startup video stuck looping?

ResidentEvul13

5 hours ago, DOS76 said:

have you tried to remove the video and then if it starts without the video go into the options and change your video playback engine. Then drop the video back in and see if that fixes it for you. 

will do and get back to you... just freezes now doesn't open at all and when does is stuck on stupid freezes! @DOS76

I had the same issue crop up on me. To fix it I had to set the delay back to zero and work from there. Having a high end computer the 18 seconds shown in the tutorial was way too long and gave the appearance of continuous looping. Starting from zero I worked up until I got close at 6 seconds. This however wasn't quite what I needed for the video I was using, but I didn't see a way to select anything but whole numbers. The trick to fine tuning it turned out to be opening the xml file that controls bigbox. You will find the file "BigBoxSettings.xml" in the Launchbox\Data folder of your install. At the very bottom of the xml file is the following line.

<MinimumStartupVideoPlaybackTimeMilliseconds>6500</MinimumStartupVideoPlaybackTimeMilliseconds>

You will notice that you can set the delay value in milliseconds allowing you pretty much infinite control over the delay. Just remember to save the file each time you edit the value, and to exit and restart BigBox.

I hope this helps. :)

Maozem

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Maozem said:

I had the same issue crop up on me. To fix it I had to set the delay back to zero and work from there. Having a high end computer the 18 seconds shown in the tutorial was way too long and gave the appearance of continuous looping. Starting from zero I worked up until I got close at 6 seconds. This however wasn't quite what I needed for the video I was using, but I didn't see a way to select anything but whole numbers. The trick to fine tuning it turned out to be opening the xml file that controls bigbox. You will find the file "BigBoxSettings.xml" in the Launchbox\Data folder of your install. At the very bottom of the xml file is the following line.

<MinimumStartupVideoPlaybackTimeMilliseconds>6500</MinimumStartupVideoPlaybackTimeMilliseconds>

You will notice that you can set the delay value in milliseconds allowing you pretty much infinite control over the delay. Just remember to save the file each time you edit the value, and to exit and restart BigBox.

I hope this helps. :)

Maozem

too funny it's exactly what I did to fix the issue