LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox.exe not found after update

puffypuffpuff

Updated this morning and the icon for launch box disappeared completely, tried reinstalling and got it to start once with everything deleted. I keep getting the error attached no matter what I do, sucks after 2 weeks of inputting games and stuff to have it all screwed up the day before I decide to buy premium any ideas on what to do I have my backup file saved just need to get the program started again.

Screenshot (3).png

Just now, puffypuffpuff said:

Did this already and re-downloaded 3 times let's go for 4 and see if it works lol any other ideas in the meantime?

I just spoke to Jason, and he said he only ever see's that when a shitty antivirus deletes the files, you don't need to re download, go to your launchbox folder, and there is a update folder, sort by date so newest is 1st and reinstall that.

• Thanks 1

I take it after your reply that you are using a antivirus of some kind? With all due respect if you are on windows 7 or greater then you don't really need it, the built in antivirus has far less false positives than anything else. This software is 100% virus free, but crappy antivirus solutions don't do the job properly and flag and delete all sorts of legitimate programs.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to revive this thread but I've just had the same issue. When launched version 9.1, LB prompted me for an update. When I installed it everything ran fine but after reboot, the file "launchbox.exe" was gone. Reinstalled from the "updates" folder and AVAST antivirus prompted me for a false positive on the EXE. Added an exception and it was solved. So much for the crappy antivirus...

5 minutes ago, dominikabra said:

Sorry to revive this thread but I've just had the same issue. When launched version 9.1, LB prompted me for an update. When I installed it everything ran fine but after reboot, the file "launchbox.exe" was gone. Reinstalled from the "updates" folder and AVAST antivirus prompted me for a false positive on the EXE. Added an exception and it was solved. So much for the crappy antivirus...

This does sometimes happen with a new release. We run the .exe through various online antivirus databases in order to keep things like this to a minimum though. Until the update has been installed onto systems and is known to be safe though we cant do anything about over zealous antivirus solutions. I personally just use the windows defender built in AV and i have never had that delete a Launchbox.exe.