LaunchBox Community Forums

Update LaunchBox in separate devices

jacarado

Hello good afternoon!

In my case I have 2 devices with LaunchBox, however I wanted to do the following:

-> When I update one, where I put a ROM I can copy "only" the files it needs for this, since my folder has 80GB total, and copying from one place to another all the time is very time consuming.

Example:

In the External HD I put 2 roms of PS1, and when I get home to copy only those 2 roms and the files that I need for the LaunchBox to recognize what I did in the External HD. No need to copy everything again.

Thank you

Are you wanting to keep both Launchbox installs completely in sync, including general configuration settings, themes, game meta data, etc? If the answers is yes, and this is probably the easier of the answers then you can just copy any changes made on one system to another (assuming file paths are relatively the same). You might look at applications such as SmartSync Pro or Toucan that are designed to keep file systems in sync across computers. If the answer is no, then you can still use these applications for syncing but you will need to fine tune their configuration to include only specific files or directories or exclude specific files or directories. They both support this type of configuration. You will just need to determine what files you want/need to sync.

On 21/02/2017 at 6:49 PM, pdavis said:

Are you wanting to keep both Launchbox installs completely in sync, including general configuration settings, themes, game meta data, etc? If the answers is yes, and this is probably the easier of the answers then you can just copy any changes made on one system to another (assuming file paths are relatively the same). You might look at applications such as SmartSync Pro or Toucan that are designed to keep file systems in sync across computers. If the answer is no, then you can still use these applications for syncing but you will need to fine tune their configuration to include only specific files or directories or exclude specific files or directories. They both support this type of configuration. You will just need to determine what files you want/need to sync.

Hello .. Good evening!

Sorry for the delay to respond, but it worked! I have not thought of this before (yes you can call me "noob" kkk) and that in case whenever I make a change in my External HD, it synchronizes and verifies the files that have been changed and that were also added. It was PERFECT the way it is now, thanks for the tip!

:)

NOTE: The program I use is the "SynCBackFree"