LaunchBox Community Forums

Multiple input settings for controller, Retroarch

Bedwyr

Ok so to troubleshoot further, I launched retroarch to be sure that i can launch the game from there... and I can.  Oddly enough though... i decided to update the gambatte core, and now it works from LaunchBox!  

So that works...

Now to have the custom config...

I did like you mentioned in a previous post.  I took my retroarch.cfg from my retroarch folder, and saved a copy in my config folder.  I named it Gambatte_GB.cfg

I didn't touch anything in the file so it's the same as my current working retroarch config.  I went to my retroarch associated platforms tab and edited the line to look like the screenshot below.  

Now retroarch crashes if I launch a gameboy game from LaunchBox.  

I have also updated RetroArch just in case and still having the issue.  I can post the content of the config file if you like.

A1.thumb.png.317ba235566c0415dd0e64f559147d52.pngA2.png.520ea0da237fd0e11d3f2bf6877a0449.png

It has to be something in the .cfgs, I'm just not sure what it would be. I don't see anything wrong with your setup as far as LB is concerned.

These are my configs for them, though I don't know if there's anything in them that would cause them to not work for you. You'll need to make sure you have updated shaders at least as those contain the border+shader combos.

Gambatte_GB.cfg

Gambatte_GBC.cfg

EDIT: Resolved.

OK so yours work but yeah, a lot of things are off for screen ratio and shaders... so I used Notepad++ to sort alphabetically both files to see what could be different that 1)makes it crash, 2) to fix borders/shaders to the ones i have. 

First I saved my config file sorted.... and for some reason I decided to try it... well.... now that it's sorted, it doesn't crash anymore...    Odd!

Edit : it doesn't like when I change my overlay though...

Edited by stefer09

Thanks again for your help!  

I finally got it working.

What I did is I deleted the Gambatte_GB.cfg and ran a game again from LaunchBox.  Retroarch created a file for me with the Gambatte_GB.cfg filename, with default settings.  I then opened up Notepad++ with the text comparison plugin, parsed that one with my regular retroarch.cfg, found the input settings, changed those, rewind + fast forward bindings, stuff like that.  Then I added my overlay and now it's all working!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2018 at 9:50 AM, stefer09 said:

What I did is I deleted the Gambatte_GB.cfg and ran a game again from LaunchBox.  Retroarch created a file for me with the Gambatte_GB.cfg filename, with default settings.  I then opened up Notepad++ with the text comparison plugin, parsed that one with my regular retroarch.cfg, found the input settings, changed those, rewind + fast forward bindings, stuff like that.  Then I added my overlay and now it's all working!

This was a life-saver, thank you.