LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame best version ?

johnnyskullhead

Not sure if CHDs have different versions separate from the main rom set or if its all part of the main rom set.

If your rom set is 174 I would suggest using Mame 174 though you could use 177 easily enough and get the benefit of good BGFX shaders. I wouldn't go any newer on the Mame version because in 178 there was a change in the Capcom CPS2 roms so you would need an up to date rom set for them to work.

you have to have the proper command line and checkboxes set up to run Demul you need the no space and the use file without extension checkboxes checked (if you are using the gdr plugin) for naomi games you need run=naomi rom= as the command line

Other command lines are

run=hikaru rom=

run=gaelco rom=

run=awave rom=

run=cave3rd rom=

run=dc image= (if using the gdr plugin you will need to point LB to your Demul.exe a 2nd time and use only the no space ckeckbox)  You don't need a 2nd emulator you just have to point LB to the same file twice and it has to be named different I name the alt one Demul[Arcade] for simplicity