LaunchBox Community Forums

retroarch bezels

paulmichel21

They would go to the Overlay folder to turn them go in RA menu go to settings>Onscreen Display>Oncreen Overlay> Overlay Presets to choose an overlay It may have to be enabled so look at all the settings in those sections

Edited by DOS76

The overlay folder has a bunch of its own folders so maybe just put them right in the overlay folder with the rest of the subfolders I'm confused though are they bezels or shaders if they are shaders they go in the shaders folder

You can put these files anywhere. For neatness I suggest you make a folder in retroarch/overlays/borders & call it "Custom Bezels"

you will need to make .cfg files to go along with them. This tells retroarch how and where to display the .png image.

I don't have the pack linked yet but will get it soon.

look in the retroarch/overlays/borders folder and you will find a gb.cfg. (So long as you have done an "online update" of overlays within retroarch.

copy gb.cfg file and rename it to match the Nyny77 .png files. Also match the name reference inside  the cfg to the png's.

repeat so all the bezels have a cfg file named the same.

open retroarch load a game, say for NES. Go to retroarch menu

Onscreen Display -> Onscreen Overlay

enable it and browse to the cfg file for you Nyny77 NES bezel.

now "save core override" in the quick menu 

You may need to adjust your game viewport so the screen fits the artwork user the video settings.

repeat for all bezels you want