LaunchBox Community Forums

Save states

jeck11

Hello,

I'm sure this is a stupid question but I've watched a few setup videos and been searching and can't find the answer. How do I configure save state and load state in Launchbox?

I'm primarily using Retroarch but don't know if that matters. 

Well I should say you configure that in whatever emulator you are using. In RA options menu, I think it's directories to set the path, and note any directory thar says "content" will save to your rom path. This can be a good thing if you have your roms in individual folders.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

By default the hotkey is F2 to save state, and F4 to load the save that. F3 changes the slot I believe, but I could be wrong. @fromlostdays is totally correct though, this is per emulator and LaunchBox doesn't effect it. If you want to save state from a controller, you do need to set that up in the options or if you want to change the default save locations.

Just so that others can find it if this comes up in their search...

These are defined in Retroarch under the Gear -> Input -> Input Hotkey Binds

Then you'll want to scroll about 2/3 of the way down to "Enable hotkeys". This will set the first button you will press to get a hotkey to work (ie most people use "select"). Then you can set the various actions to the other button you want as part of the combo. For example, save state = right shoulder button will make the combo select + right shoulder. 

Edited by jeck11