LaunchBox Community Forums

REQUEST: Custom file path info fetch

jdward91

I apologise for my awkward title, I don't speak computer. I might mean 'file mask' but I might not.

Basically, on a music database such as MediaMonkey you can customise how the program scans the file path to infer properties. For example, "01 - Summer Nights.mp3" would ordinarily scan as the title "01 - Summer Nights". However, using a string such as "<Track#> - <Title>" will put "01" into the track number field, and the title is a nice clean "Summer Nights".

I am currently having the issue that all my NDS ROMs have a 4-digit string at the start of them, and when LaunchBox is scanning them it thinks that number is part of the title. Obviously, it then fails to fetch the metadata completely. Renaming 800-odd files is impractical and undesirable, so I was wondering if a feature like the one I described above could be implemented? I apologise if it already is, since it seems like a straightforward thing to include, but I can't see any reference to it.

Cheers, and all the best.

Edited by jdward91
title

I used a program named Bulk Rename Utility and removed the numbers from the front of the folders since I could access 100 of them at a time and then during import. I choose the use folder name. You could do the same to each game also if you wanted but you would have to use search in file explorer and then cut all of the games out of the folders into a single folder then the tool would have access to all the game files at the same time.