LaunchBox Community Forums

Remote Desktop missing checkboxes

gogocons

I have been using Windows Remote Desktop to remote into my HTPC and handle LaunchBox management tasks. I seem to be having an issue where most of the time the checkboxes are not showing up where they are supposed to. I'm not sure if this is a fault of the LaunchBox software or the RDP. I have seen them on occasion so it seems to be intermittent in either case. Picture attached for example

Capture.PNG

I seem to have found what makes this problem intermittent.

If I power on the PC and only login via Remote Desktop, I get no checkboxes.

If I power on the PC and login locally and then later on login via Remote Desktop, I have checkboxes displaying in Remote Desktop.

Well it's not game breaking just a slight annoyance, thanks for looking into it at least!

Since we are somewhat on the topic, I am curious, is there someway to default my import settings to check/uncheck certain fields? If not, is this a feature planned for the future?

Edited by gogocons

I've seen similar things with Remote Desktop. I think it works when you first locally log into the system because you are probably connecting up to a local console session, which seems to act more normally with some apps. For example, in a pure remote desktop non console session, a lot of apps with system tray icons don't work because those apps aren't developed to support remote desktop non console sessions, and you end up having no tray icon at all. But for the issue with LB and checkboxes, that's weird, although I have seen abnormal things with application gui's in remote desktop sessions too.

If you don't login to the system locally first, you might try remote desktop-ing in with the admin switch (at least there used to be such a switch in older RDP versions, but I'm not sure lately).

@gogocons, you can try typing /admin after the ip or name you are using to connect to in the remote desktop app. 

So, as an example, if you connect to 192.168.1.5, you can try putting this in 192.168.1.5 /admin . It should get you a true console session as opposed to a non console non 0 session ID.