LaunchBox Community Forums

Couple questions for Big Box controllers.

Reece

Hey, so back again!

Just purchased premium a day or two ago (was hoping on the giveaway but ah well! :P) and had a few questions mainly controller related.

With the controller automation options, I want to use select/start + L/R (LB & RB for clarity sake) for exiting to big box. Now setting the buttons is fine but if I unplug my 360 controller and plugin a SNES one, will I have to go through and remap controller automation for each one again?

Will it also remember next time I plug those certain controllers in so that process doesn't have to be repeated?

Since I'm going to integrate Kodi into the system. I have a OSMC Remote from a previous Pi build that I can use on PC.

Can I use this inside of Bigbox anyway? (I thought I could set it up maybe in the way of a controller for exiting games & kodi etc)

Edited by Reece

1 minute ago, DOS76 said:

1st issue you may have is I don't think LB supports more than a 2 button close combo so I don't think you can set it up how you want to.

I have an older Media Remote and it works in both LB and BB

Don't think I worded my post right, meant to use either select or start as the hold button then either L or R to close window or return to LB. Sorry if you also meant that too. Brain fried today haha.

How did you get to configure it in BB? 

I figured if my exit button on the remote was button 1 for example, even if it was plugged in along with a 360 controller. Button 1 on the controller would exit thinking it was button 1 on the remote, or maybe I'm just being backwards.

I didn't have to configure mine at all it just works to navigate I don't use it for controller automation however I have a close button on mine that I would probably try to get to exit if I was interested but I have it setup on my controllers anyway and have a keyboard handy at all times so don't need any more redundancy

@Reece, if your snes controller is detected as a xinput device I would think it would just work. Unfortunately I don't have one so cant test, but as long as the snes controller physically has the buttons you want to use it shouldn't be a issue.

Edit.

Also if your osmc remote has the equivalent of a escape button on it you can just use that, that's all the automation is doing its just sending a "escape" command.

Spent the majority of the last hour or so, trying to figure out why my remote wasn't working..

Turns out the RF receiver looks exactly the same as one of my receivers for a KB/M set which is bluetooth.

Looks I'm on the hunt for this pesky thing lol.

If worst comes to worst, I'll grab one of those Rii i25 remotes or another receiver. (The remote is tempting though)

Ty guys.

Just now, Reece said:

Spent the majority of the last hour or so, trying to figure out why my remote wasn't working..

Turns out the RF receiver looks exactly the same as one of my receivers for a KB/M set which is bluetooth.

Looks I'm on the hunt for this pesky thing lol.

If worst comes to worst, I'll grab one of those Rii i25 remotes or another receiver. (The remote is tempting though)

Ty guys.

Doh!!!! lol. :) 

1 minute ago, DOS76 said:

That looks like a nice 2 in piece of hardware right there although I've given up on mini keyboards and prefer the Logitech k400 for couch use.

Yeah I already have separate Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse, the rii is mostly for watching kodi in bed cause of its smaller size.