LaunchBox Community Forums

A quick question i just bought launchbox

Ricardo42

Hi im new here i just bought launchbox lifetime one quick question if i configure the launchbox on pc and im getting a new pc or i wanna put it on a usb stick wil i be able to use the same configuration as i did on pc or do i need to redo evrything again?

im thinking of buying a hardrive expension 4tb just to safe up things quick and easy like roms launchbox is this a good hardrive ?

http://www.mediamarkt.nl/nl/product/_seagate-4tb-usb-3-0-expansion-desktop-drive-1384860.html?channable=e7630.MTM4NDg2MA&rbtc=||||p||&gclid=CjwKEAjwh9PGBRCfso2n3ODgvUcSJAAhpW5oJsOyX9f2isGG2o711fu1eFmw5hcoK6hDc947KEvgFxoC9-nw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CK7hnb7k7tICFYmJdwodN-YI3Q

Edited by Ricardo35

Hi and welcome, that depends on how you have launchbox setup. If you have your roms and emulators located in the launchbox  folder then you can just copy the whole folder to another pc or hard drive with no issues. However if everything is in different locations then you may need to redo it on the new location. However this would be easier and quicker the second time as you can copy your images and videos to the new location and re-use them, this is what takes the most time when importing, downloading images and videos but once you have them you can copy and move them.

As for the hard drive, I have the 5tb version of that drive which I keep my roms on its been fine for me. However I have only had it for 5-6 months so can't comment on its reliability.

2 hours ago, neil9000 said:

As for the hard drive, I have the 5tb version of that drive which I keep my roms on its been fine for me. However I have only had it for 5-6 months so can't comment on its reliability.

ok thnx ye im getting the hardrive tomorow i wil configure launchbox then on the new hardrive i think its good enough that wil have me keep bussy for a long time

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ricardo35 said:

ok thnx ye im getting the hardrive tomorow i wil configure launchbox then on the new hardrive i think its good enough that wil have me keep bussy for a long time

Im not sure if this is still an issue or not ( @Jason Carr ) but dont install LB to the root of the Drive..

Make a LaunchBox folder on the drive 1st then install it inside that. 

I had this issue some time ago when LaunchBox was installed on the root of my drive it would not install the updates because it could not find LaunchBox or some sort of issue like that.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Welcome @Ricardo and thanks for the purchase. :)

Thnx Today im getting my hardrive at home so i can configure that expension hardrive of 3TB i wil Change it 2TB for PC games and 1TB for Emulator games i gues 1TB should be more then enough for Emulator games right they not that big of files also in the payment agreement it said i can use Launchbox on any system right with my lifetime sub?

Edited by Ricardo35

20 hours ago, Mute64 said:

Im not sure if this is still an issue or not ( @Jason Carr ) but dont install LB to the root of the Drive..

Make a LaunchBox folder on the drive 1st then install it inside that. 

I had this issue some time ago when LaunchBox was installed on the root of my drive it would not install the updates because it could not find LaunchBox or some sort of issue like that.

Nice ye i wil do that i wil make a folder on my new hardrive expension desk that i get today and instal it on there is there away that i can change the drives of the seagate 3tb expension hd lets say 2tb for pc games iso and 1tb for emulators i can do that with disk management right? or do i need partetion magic?

10 hours ago, Ricardo35 said:

Thnx Today im getting my hardrive at home so i can configure that expension hardrive of 3TB i wil Change it 2TB for PC games and 1TB for Emulator games i gues 1TB should be more then enough for Emulator games right they not that big of files also in the payment agreement it said i can use Launchbox on any system right with my lifetime sub?

Yup, as many personal systems as you like. Just don't hand it out to friends. :)

• Like 1