LaunchBox Community Forums

Galaga mame rom not showing up in launchbox

amcfarla

I have just recently moved to Launchbox from hyperspin and I am trying to figure things out that are not quite working correctly.  I imported all of my mame roms into Launchbox and I have four Galaga games, but I don't have my fast shooter rom in Launchbox.  The file name is galagamf.zip which is the one that is missing, I have galagamw.zip, galagao.zip, galagamk.zip, galaga.zip with four galaga items when I do a search in Launchbox.  I tried importing the rom manually into Launchbox and then it said there were 0 roms imported after it was complete.  I am unsure how to get this rom into Launchbox, if someone is able to be of assistance it would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Okay you can add it manually by hitting the add button which is in the bottom right corner or by using ctrl+N on the keyboard just fill in the ROM path title and other info or if you wanted to say have it attached to one of your existing Galga games you can right click that game and go to edit then set up an additional app that points to the rom you specified and then when you right click the game the other rom will be available in the right click menu

8 hours ago, SentaiBrad said:

Why did it not import properly though. Did you try different import options? Are you on a merged or lower version set? I wonder why all of Galaga didn't get picked up. If you have just the 1 rom, then it's a merged set and it probably didn't get imported.

It is a lower version set, not sure maybe .141 and I cannot recall if it was a merged set or not.  I modified the Mame so it doesn't have the nag screen and saves high scores so I really don't want to go to a newer version of Mame if I don't have to.  I will try the ctrl+n method to see if that works.

52 minutes ago, SentaiBrad said:

You can have no nag on later versions. There are command lines but also they build versions of MAME like that. Glad it's working though.

Yeah, I just have a complete set for the version and I compiled for the non-nag and didn't want to have to grab a newer mame set being everything was working properly in Hyperspin. 

Edited by amcfarla

Well, we are a bit different. If the set is merged, which I would most likely guess is the case, then all of the files that should be there aren't. So slight variations might be missing for import. So even though the game is actually there, if it's missing files because it's been merged, then the importer wont pick up on it unless you import the correct region and check boxes that would match that exact version. In this case, you were just missing 1, so manually adding it works, but if you keep finding games missing then that might be why.

Just now, SentaiBrad said:

Well, we are a bit different. If the set is merged, which I would most likely guess is the case, then all of the files that should be there aren't. So slight variations might be missing for import. So even though the game is actually there, if it's missing files because it's been merged, then the importer wont pick up on it unless you import the correct region and check boxes that would match that exact version. In this case, you were just missing 1, so manually adding it works, but if you keep finding games missing then that might be why.

It probably was a merged set, and the probably is the reason I am missing items.  Will keep an eye out, but now I know how to add them if necessary.  Thank you for the help on this item.