LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME 0.184 ROMs (split)

sevo

Does the latest MAME 0.184 ROMs collection (split) work with the latest LaunchBox 7.8?

I remember seeing a mention a couple months ago that the new split collections since ~0.182 stopped working correctly. Should I get the non-merged set instead? I'd like to avoid it if possible since it's double the size.

Also, which MAME libretro core (or .exe emulator) should I use?

Any rom set should work as long as the Mame version you are using supports the roms in said rom set. There is nothing in Launchbox preventing this, though a change in the way Mame and its roms are handled may mean changes in how games are loaded.

If you are going to use Retroarch with the Mame core and you using an up to date romset you should use the Mame core simply named Mame (no year after it). With the core loaded it should say in the bottom right hand core which version of Mame it is built on.

• 4 weeks later...