LaunchBox Community Forums

Issue with bigbox videos and text

Colpipes78

I using the current beta and have an issue (had it in the latest non beta build)

I keep losing text (details) every other game when going through my collection

please checkout this video as it explains it better than i can.

On some occasions it may be the video that doesnt show. Any ideas as its doing my head in

Wow, that's very odd. I'll pass this on to Jason, but as a long shot lets try and update your codecs and drivers, just to make sure. I'm not certain if this will do anything, but it will help us narrow things down. To update your codecs (mostly video related), download this package here and install it. If it says it found any issues, click yes to let it fix them. To update your PC's drivers, download and install this, let it run it's scan and then install the drivers.

For the videos specifically, the codec pack will help, but also try changing the video playback engine in the options from one option to the other. The two options are VLC and WMP.

I have updated and still have the issue. What i can say is that if i change the view the text comes back. Also if i go back to the platform menu it comes back See Video below

My Specs are:

Running on
i7 4790k @4.00gGHz
16gb Ram
2x 980ti SLI
512 Samsung SSD

This is honestly very strange, and I haven't seen it before, @pipes78. It does seem like some kind of a driver or operating system issue, though I know that doesn't really help you out. What version of Windows are you running? Can you try reinstalling the latest version of the .NET framework and also DirectX?

Sure, thanks. I can say that it isn't the cache or anything related to the cache, because rendered text for the details and descriptions is not cached in Big Box. So it has to be something weirder; most likely there's some kind of WPF bug on your system related to .NET, DirectX, or drivers, which isn't going to be easy to figure out and resolve, unfortunately.

Cheers mate its a puzzle and hate being beaten.

I have reinstalled .net framework, vc redist and directx. I have done a clean install of nvidia graphics driver and updated windows. I have even tried turning sli off but still the same issue. Just weird how its every other screen

Jason as your here thank you for your hard work mate!

• Like 1

Critical Zone is a default theme but not maintained by Jason, so it's possible there could be a bug in the theme, or there is a bug Jason needs to fix of something the theme is trying to use. So what ever the differences are is a potential starting point. I know CriticalZone has some pre-req's, are the fonts being installed automatically @Jason Carr?

2 minutes ago, SentaiBrad said:

Critical Zone is a default theme but not maintained by Jason, so it's possible there could be a bug in the theme, or there is a bug Jason needs to fix of something the theme is trying to use. So what ever the differences are is a potential starting point. I know CriticalZone has some pre-req's, are the fonts being installed automatically @Jason Carr?

@SentaiBradwhat I was sort of getting at there was, what if the default font was not already on the users pc?

well i have now gone back to critical zone and narrowed it down to view as the other views or at least the vertical wheel art view seems fine. i have scrolled through them 1000s times. When i went back to the view i wanted as per video , same issue. I have then deleted the background video and resrated, which it puts it back on starting up and would you believe it that its seems to have resolved it. I need to test it more but am tired of pressing right tonight. Thanks for al your help ill test again tomorrow and let you know