LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME games won't load anymore after updating to 0.184

Fygee

Having a quirky issue where any game that uses MAME won't load anymore. When attempting to load, I'll get the Windows spinny load circle for a couple seconds, then nothing.

LaunchBox will correctly see the game its pathway, and will load MAME if I right click and tell it to. I can then run the game once MAME is open.

This wasn't occurring with MAME 0.183.

I deleted the MAME entry under platforms and re-added it, no luck. I deleted the whole Arcade category and reimported all of my games. Still no luck. As far as I can tell, of my directory and other settings look good.

Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the late response. Here are the requested picture attachments.

Note that the MAME directory differs from the rest as I attempted to test it outside of the directory it was in previously. No luck there either.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

.184 should work just fine. By, "Under the default rom directory", does that mean you imported your games then let LB move them to it's games folder? If so, LB only moved the files it was importing and not the rest of the split or non-merged rom set. You'll need to move the rest of the rom sets files to the game folder location and tell MAME where to look in it's settings. If not, sticking the roms in the mame/rom folder is totally sufficient. Otherwise, with your emulator path the same, and the check boxes set properly it should be just fine.

Actually if you move just what is imported and when you edit the MAME.ini to add the LB games folder as long as you don't delete the path to the ROMs folder in the root of MAME (assuming that is where the games where originally) they should still work because MAME utilizes multiple folder paths.

Edited by DOS76

I did the import filtering out most of the games I don't need. Those ROMs were then moved to the LaunchBox Games folder per defaults.

ROM paths within MAME are correct as far as I can tell. All the games it detects are the ones that were imported.

Should I just delete the Arcade entry in LaunchBox and re-add it?

On ‎17‎-‎4‎-‎2017 at 4:00 AM, Fygee said:

I did the import filtering out most of the games I don't need. Those ROMs were then moved to the LaunchBox Games folder per defaults.

ROM paths within MAME are correct as far as I can tell. All the games it detects are the ones that were imported.

Should I just delete the Arcade entry in LaunchBox and re-add it?

Did you update your romfiles to 0.184? Some roms won't work after updating Mame, and you have to update your romfiles to 0.184. Maby it helps. When you start Mame without Launchbox all the roms work?

ROMs were a full .0184 romset that I downloaded from scratch.

I was able to resolve the issue by completely nuking the Arcade entry and MAME under the emulators, and readding them. Took a while to get everything back to where it was, but my games are working normally again.

Thanks to everyone here for their help and advice here. :)