LaunchBox Community Forums

Use platform Background video for Platform categories, but Fanart for Platform and Game Backgrounds?

Wayne100

Hi, if I understand correctly what you are asking? (and I could be wrong) You want Video themes at the platform category level, but then just platform and game backgrounds below that? Is that right? If so I don't think that this is possible on any current theme. I'm gonna tag @CriticalCid on this, he will have far more info than I ever could.

I think currently is the only way to achieve this by deleting all platform videos and activating Platform Background Videos in the BigBox options. If you do this will BigBox use background videos for your platform categories and use fanart images for the platforms as substitute for the missing platform videos.

The catch with this method is of course that you won’t have any videos for your platforms at all.

• 4 months later...
On 4/14/2017 at 11:16 PM, CriticalCid said:

I think currently is the only way to achieve this by deleting all platform videos and activating Platform Background Videos in the BigBox options. If you do this will BigBox use background videos for your platform categories and use fanart images for the platforms as substitute for the missing platform videos.

The catch with this method is of course that you won’t have any videos for your platforms at all.

I am currently trying to get this to work but the problem is when I enable platform videos it shows videos for platforms with videos and leaves all others as blank backgrounds. I would like them to show fan art instead of nothing which is what is shown if I have platform videos disabled. Is there an option I am missing?

Nevermind I found a fix, not sure if it's the best way but it works. I put the images I wanted as fan art in each platforms "Device" image folder and now they are showing up.

Edited by gogocons
Solved