LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Downloading Multiple Copies Of The Same Image [BUG]

Dreamwarrior77

I actually don't think it's a bug, as far as I can tell. It looks like you have 3 entries of 1 game, and since the game name entry is the same, the images on the back end think it should be attached to all 3, adding the same image 2 extra times. The image was downloaded once for the 1 entry, then again for another entry, and again for the last entry, then all 3 were automatically attached to each entry all together. On the most recent poll image duplication and better image handling was there, and is the second most voted request behind Database improvements, so Jason will be trying to make this better real soon.

Yes I did read this and vote for this on the poll, I understand how it downloaded the 3 images, 1 per similar game entry, but it should only show the 1 image per game.. that is where a programming bug fix should be patched since they are separate game entries.. at least I would hope so.

Edited by Dreamwarrior77

Not sure if my issue is the same but it is simalar. When I scape Arcade I download multiple images that are identical. For instance apb rom has 6 images for the cabinet all of them are the same. I have set it up to only import parent roms with no adult, quiz and the like so it imports around 3000 games . Any ideas ? 

Thanks @SentaiBrad, hopefully this gets panned out, I am actually putting off Re Doing my collection from a fresh start until this gets patched so I can make sure no unnecessary images are downloaded into the folders.

I have had Launchbox installed for a while now and I read somewhere that changes have been made in the folder structure? So that is why I would like to start fresh.. these updates have been Awesome!

Really LOVING The Videos by @JamesBaker! Can Not Wait For MORE Of THOSE! Would like to see one for the Amiga ;)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dreamwarrior77 said:

Thanks @SentaiBrad, hopefully this gets panned out, I am actually putting off Re Doing my collection from a fresh start until this gets patched so I can make sure no unnecessary images are downloaded into the folders.

I have had Launchbox installed for a while now and I read somewhere that changes have been made in the folder structure? So that is why I would like to start fresh.. these updates have been Awesome!

Really LOVING The Videos by @JamesBaker! Can Not Wait For MORE Of THOSE! Would like to see one for the Amiga ;)

Thanks @Dreamwarrior77! Amiga CD32 is currently under way...