LaunchBox Community Forums

Batch Launch Program w/ LaunchBox

gogocons

Goal: I want to launch AutoHideMouseCursor_x64.exe alongside LaunchBox and close it when LaunchBox closes.

Why? CEMU Emulator does not have a feature that hides the mouse automatically and it really bugs me when gaming on my couch. Yes I could just keep my HTPC Keyboard/Mouse nearby but why would I want to when there is a foolproof software solution?

What I have come up with so far:

I have a batch script (Launcher.bat) with the following text:

@ECHO off
start AutoHideMouseCursor_x64.exe
LaunchBox.exe
TASKKILL /F /IM AutoHideMouseCursor_x64.exe

This solution works but it leaves an ugly Command Prompt window open in the background so after scouring the internet I have cobbled up this second script (Launcher.vbs) which just launches the batch in the background:

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell" ) 
WshShell.Run chr(34) & "C:\Games\LaunchBox\Launcher.bat" & Chr(34), 0 
Set WshShell = Nothing

TLDR: Is there a cleaner, simpler solution to launch and close two programs together?

Additional Applications and AHK are what you'd be looking at. There is a NoMousy script that I know @lordmonkus or @Zombeaver use. When you edit an emulator in LB, there is an AutoHotKey tab where you can post custom scripts. The Additional Apps portions lets you run programs before and after launching games, with various modifiers. The No Mousy thing would be best though.

You can use NoMousy if you want, as Brad mentioned - I use it for a few things like CCS64 and Demul.

One other option that you could try, simply because it's super-simple and doesn't require any external apps at all, is to simply add this to the AHK tab of the emulator:

MouseMove, 1920, 1080

This moves your mouse to the very bottom right of the screen when you start the emulator, to the point that it shouldn't be visible. The above assumes that you're using a 1080p resolution. If you're using a different resolution, adjust it accordingly.

Use a ahk script

Run, c:\path-to\AutoHideMouseCursor_x64.exe
RunWait, c:\path-to\LaunchBox.exe
Run, %comspec% /c TASKKILL /F /IM AutoHideMouseCursor_x64.exe

That's off the top of my head and on a phone, bit that's the gist of it.

Also, rocket launcher has a option to hide the cursor when a emulator is run.