LaunchBox Community Forums

Importing and using PS 1 eBoot files

Wayne100

Hi all, looking to use eBoot files for PlayStation 1, but to be honest, not to sure how to import them, and set them up? Will be using Retroarch. I have got a few eBoots now, do they stay zipped, and do they stay in folders with the game title, or do you rename the eBoot file to the game name etc etc.  Any special settings needed for Retroarch? Or is there a guide out there anywhere?

I convert all my ps1 games to ebbot/pbp files but i have found the odd game will either not work in retroarch or epsxe as a pbp file so some games i leave as Bin/cue files, not sure if this is caused by a bad rip or the conversation settings im using, but 90% of my games work fine as eboots.

I actually have a realy weird issue with bishi bashi at the moment, if i had more time in my day ild write up/report the bug.. but im just to darn busy these days.

I have mine unzipped and rename the file to gamename.pbp and simply import them like any other rom file. I do leave them in their own folder but that is only because I don't convert every game and I keep all my CD based games (cue + bin) in their own folder for organizational reasons.

I converted all my games to PBP's as they are slightly compressed and you combine multiple discs. All of my games were named eboot.pbp, so I used Advanced Renamer to rename all the sub folders after the folder they were in. It makes a huge difference, because Mednafen PS1 (Beetle PS1), will name the save states as "eboot", so they're all the same. Loaded a Blasto save from Alundra, and it loaded Blasto. xD As for if they work, .pbp files (which is the file extension, not eboot), don't work in ePSXe. As far as I know, the only emulator to use them is Mednafen PS1 (Beetle). Either Mednafen standalone or in RetroArch, and RA is the superior package.

• 1 year later...

I gave up on the idea to convert all Playstation 1 games (.bin .cue) to .pbp since batch conversion would require lots of manual work. I recently found a (link removed to) that allows you to download directly from emuparadise servers even though links are removed. They have a section called "PSX to PSP" which contains 1300 games already converted to .pbp archived as .rar files. I figured out that the download URLs are in chronological order so I made a spreadsheet with all the links (You can figure this out, links are not allowed here). You can only download them individually so I use Chrono Downloader to manage the list, i also changed the settings to have max 1 concurrent downloads, and 2 downloads per server. This way all the links download one after the other without conflict server. Hope this helps someone!

Edited by Lordmonkus