LaunchBox Community Forums

Play is Grayed out for gamecube games I download

I downloaded launchbox today and I got the forever license. I downloaded dolphin and followed every step in the setup tutorial on the launchbox youtube channel, yet none of my gamecube games are playable. If I right click on any gamecube game, the play button is grayed out. LoL and Overwatch are the other two games I have on Launchbox and they work. Please help. I have seen nobody else have this issue. Thanks for help in advance!

3 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

Did you download and setup the Dolphin emulator and set that up in Launchbox ?

I have downloaded it. I guess my issue is I am new, and I am not sure whether I am downloading the actual game or just images. The game I am trying to play is Amazing Island and I click the add button in the bottom right, type in the game, and then press ok. Then there the game is on my screen, yet I am not able to play it.

Just now, lordmonkus said:

You need to download the games on your own, for legal reasons we cannot supply them or tell you where to get them.

So I have it downloaded and I dont know what to do. I know where my file is loacted, but I do not know what do do with it.

I might suggest watching the SNES beginner tutorial too, as it explains importing and LaunchBox in a more step by step manner as well. However, you'll need to find your games online, download them, and then import them in to LB. Like monkus said, we can't tell you where, but Googling will give you the results you want. I generally prefer rom sets, like No-Intro, Trurip, Redump, TOSEC and Darkwater, but I'm not sure there is one for GameCube or Wii games yet. Just don't download them from the website with Paradise in the title; they're more than likely bad rips. Between torrents, rom sets and download sites with quality assurance (not the paradise single download section (they do have No-Intro rom sets in the Full set section and decent downloads on their forums though)), you'll find it easily enough.

2 minutes ago, SentaiBrad said:

I might suggest watching the SNES beginner tutorial too, as it explains importing and LaunchBox in a more step by step manner as well. However, you'll need to find your games online, download them, and then import them in to LB. Like monkus said, we can't tell you where, but Googling will give you the results you want. I generally prefer rom sets, like No-Intro, Trurip, Redump, TOSEC and Darkwater, but I'm not sure there is one for GameCube or Wii games yet. Just don't download them from the website with Paradise in the title; they're more than likely bad rips. Between torrents, rom sets and download sites with quality assurance (not the paradise single download section (they do have No-Intro rom sets in the Full set section and decent downloads on their forums though)), you'll find it easily enough.

Thanks for the post! I will check out the video