LaunchBox Community Forums

Bally Astrocade Clear logo

refreshTM

14 hours ago, DerHof2007 said:

Just seeing these for the first time. These are FREAKING SWEET!

Just got them for my whole set.
The Bally was my first system growing up! Incredible games back then.

Thank you!

Nice that my work did help you :) Was a huge job. And for the record, im working on some new clear logos for all systems, included new logos for 30 000 +  games. I'm back soon @JamesBaker :)

Edited by refreshTM
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, refreshTM said:

Nice that my work did help you :) Was a huge job. And for the record, im working on some new clear logos for all systems, included new logos for 30 000 +  games. I'm back soon @JamesBaker :)

That is awesome!! People like you are a great credit to this hobby.
Any chance Commodore 64 is on the radar? After MAME this will be the 2nd most used system in my cab... maybe around 60 games.
I may be able to help with a little bit of artwork. I had a pretty decent collection at one point of Bally and C64 games. Did some box art, manual and cart scans before I sold most of it... Most of my collection was NIB quality.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DerHof2007 said:

That is awesome!! People like you are a great credit to this hobby.
Any chance Commodore 64 is on the radar? After MAME this will be the 2nd most used system in my cab... maybe around 60 games.
I may be able to help with a little bit of artwork. I had a pretty decent collection at one point of Bally and C64 games. Did some box art, manual and cart scans before I sold most of it... Most of my collection was NIB quality.

C64 has a extensive game database and is and it will be a huge task for one person to do reworks on all titles, but it will happen :). At the moment clearlogo for all platforms with game titles is the main task. After that im planning to do something for my huge Amiga Demoscene collection, artwork and theme.

Edited by refreshTM

7 hours ago, refreshTM said:

Hey @DerHof2007

About C64 Artwork. Maybe this guy has what you are looking for

Link to forum

While I appreciate the guys effort I'd prefer to have the original boxart artwork for my C64 collection... and clear logos based on the original work. He basically made a template and is filling in the names.

I know there is an insane amount of games for the C64... even more than MAME I think. There was time where I would obsess about having complete collections but now I just focus on have a complete set of what I will actually play. I have about 200 MAME roms and 60-70 or so C64.

These smaller numbers makes the task of acquiring top quality art for everything doable. I've made some scans like I said from my personal collection and have uploaded some here.... and will do upload more in the very near future.
Others I've acquired through Google and such and have touched up (to the best of my limited ability with GIMP).
Hopefully I'll be able to get it 100% soon.