LaunchBox Community Forums

Bally Astrocade Clear logo

refreshTM

I'm currently working on some Clear Logos for LaunchBox.
There are alot of odd gaming platforms we can emulate and use with LaunchBox, most of them don't have proper artwork for
us to use with LaunchBox. And that's a shame not getting the full visual experience with such an incredible application as LaunchBox/BigBox.
So i decide to dive in to this problem and started to work on Clear Logos.
The first platform i'm doing work on is Bally Astrocade a odd system created by a team from Midway.

My idea for this Clear Logo collection came from some original videocade cartridge scans from http://www.ballyalley.com

Orginal scan:

Amazing Maze - Tic-Tac-Toe (Bally)(Orange Label).jpg
I have tried to replicate the scan to something that can be used in a Clear Logo, and the result looks like this:

Amazing Maze + Tic-Tac-Toe.png

Edited by refreshTM
  • Like 2

refreshTM dont mean to step on your toes but i have been going through all the systems in the database that dont have clear logos eg. Arcadia 2001,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Color, Sufami Turbo, N64 DD, and Satellaview most are just getting approved, moderation has been slow last few days but if you check now i have clear logos and box art in the Bally Astrocade you could use these to remake the cart art.

Edited by RetroNi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RetroNi said:

refreshTM dont mean to step on your toes but i have been going through all the systems in the database that dont have clear logos eg. Arcadia 2001,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Color, Sufami Turbo, N64 DD, and Satellaview most are just getting approved, moderation has been slow last few days but if you check now i have clear logos and box art in the Bally Astrocade you could use these to remake the cart art.

No problem, you are not stepping on my toes. Its important that so many people as possible work on artwork all the time, and give the users as many options as possible. I Have my way doing things and you have yours. Together we get stronger :) I Will continue my works to give more options to LaunchBox users

• Like 1

refreshTM if you are still working on the Bally Astrocade in the database, ive added alot of new games and have done info in the overviews for every game remaining using whats on the box art. Its still going through the moderation process, i will leave it up to you to get rid of all the duplicate pics in the games so we dont delete stuff thats needed.

Edited by RetroNi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RetroNi said:

refreshTM if you are still working on the Bally Astrocade in the database, ive added alot of new games and have done info in the overviews for every game remaining using whats on the box art. Its still going through the moderation process, i will leave it up to you to get rid of all the duplicate pics in the games so we dont delete stuff thats needed.

Good work :) Yeah i'm working on Bally, so we will get this platform right in the end. This is a system most people don't want to emulate, and therefor no one is putting work into making good arts for it. I can understand,  it's kind a weird messed up releases on this with little or no release info. But still today some people actually are programming stuff for use with Bally. 

On 8.5.2017 at 10:48 AM, JamesBaker said:

Refresh! Where are you?!

I want to see some astrocade carts! 

Please please please please please please please please.....

I'm here, working on Bally artwork. Been busy with other things, My time is limited a.t.m, work, family, and the fact that i have trashed right arm force me to take "data time" down a bit for now. Been uploading Clear Logos to Games DB, so you can check them out over there :) 

They are looking good so far, saw some of them when i was moderating. I uploaded the 3d box art and made 2d box art from it for the missing games. Ive moved on to satellaview just spent few hours updating what i could for it, but if you need any help with box or cart art when you are doing it im willing to help you out to spread the workload.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JamesBaker said:

Those look wonderful!

More more more more!

I'm teasing you refresh... :P

Those really are looking wonderful though

Thanx :) I could make the Game titles more fancy, but the i choose to stay as close as possible to original

Edited by refreshTM
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, RetroNi said:

refreshTM i have created a 3D cart to add the logos on to, if you wanna apply your logos on to it for the 3D carts. If you think its gonna be too much work you can send me the logos and i can do it for you, its your call. :)

Bally Astrocade 3D cart.png

I Cant use this image you have created, since it's not close enough for a correct representation of a Bally Cartridge. Should look something like this:

Bally-Astrocade.png
And the sides on the cartridge is polished blank, not the same as the front.

Edited by refreshTM
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...