LaunchBox Community Forums

Sammy Atomiswave - Demul/Launchbox Tutorial

gam3rz3r0

image.thumb.png.565225b6a486f41afc6a0fea82a17f9e.pnghere is me running Demolish fist with the latest bios from the MAME set. I actually have my MAME folder added as the path in my settings for Demul and it launches it fine from there I have just found that Demul may not be using the latest ROMs as I tried Clay Shooting and the file in MAME isn't the same size that Demul is expecting so Demul may not be up on the latest changes to MAME.

1 hour ago, DOS76 said:

If you had the wrong bios I believe there would be an error message telling you which files where missing from it.

Ah, I changed my path to the MAME ROMs folder and NOW it is giving me a BIOS error:

image.png.ba2eb51c252ac2860a0caa910127c2da.pngSo I located a BIOS online that had that file, which only had the file mentioned in the error message. So, I added the file to the awbios.zip which already had bios1.ic23 and bios0.ic23 in it and I still got the error message. Just to see I deleted bios1.ic23 and bios0.ic23 which only left bios.ic23_l inside the awbios.zip and still the error message. It is so much fun when stuff simply refuses to work, haha.

• 3 weeks later...

As per my previous posts, in particular my last one just above I still have not been able to get the Sammy Atomiswave to work. It has got me absolutely completely beat. I still get the error message:

image.png.ba2eb51c252ac2860a0caa910127c2da.png

Even though I do in fact have that file. I have it inside my Sammy Atomiswave ROMs folder, in the ROM folder inside Demul and inside my MAME ROM pack all of which have been added to Demul. I have tried unzipped, zipped and named awave and awbios. What on earth could the problem be?

What is the exact size the file is supposed to be? I have MAME ROMset 0.195.

Edited by Dane

• 7 months later...

Hi all,

i have just configured the latest Demul release in this way:

Immagine.png

Immagine2.png

1) Do you think that this is the best set up? Is it not possible to add filters like in the Dreamcast emulation?

2) Currently I have only one game (The Rumble Fish 2) but if i open the game list, it appeas the complete supported game list. Is it possible to show ONLY the games that i really have?

thank you!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I updated Demul from 0.58 which was working fine with it for Sammy Atomiswave, but with version 0.7 it broke...I noticed it was no longer -atomiswave but -awave now for the command line, after doing updating that, it now it launches games, but they look like this:

Any ideas?

image.png