LaunchBox Community Forums

A couple more noob questions

stevaside

Loving Big Box for use with MAME so far and appreciate all the time taken to answer my questions.  Have a couple more, and sure they won't be the last lol :

1. How can I see my favorites menu in Big Box? I've only figured out how to view it in Launchbox. I set my playlists to show in platform view which I have as default. There is an "arcade" on the wheel to select all my games, which is cool, but be nice to have my favorites show up.

2. Also, not incredibly important but how can I hide the "collections" (from Atari, Sega, etc) that show up?   They never did originally on the wheel but now they do, maybe some setting I switched?

3. My high scores aren't saving. Pretty sure this is MAME related & not Launchbox but would really like to have records saved for all games, if someone can shed some light on how to do this would be awesome

4. Better alternatives to default backgrounds for games? Seems like it's pretty much stretching random parts of the flyers & most of em look HORRIBLE as far as resolution, bluriness, jagged edges on fonts, etc...I still have all my Hyperspin themes, which looked decent & was hoping to be able to use them with Launchbox for backgrounds, but then realized they were animated? & are zip files with multiple images in each zip that overlayed with eachother.  Anyway I can convert those to static images to use????

5.Adding my own sound effects for the menu & music to play in backround/ start up? I've asked this already but no one has yet to reply..not the biggest deal but would be cool & have a feeling this might be possible??

Big thanks in advance

Edited by stevaside

People make sound packs for BigBox you just replace the files in the sounds folder with your sounds name them the same as what is in the file currently. The ones I have are .wav I don't know if that is required or not.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2017 at 6:26 PM, DOS76 said:

People make sound packs for BigBox you just replace the files in the sounds folder with your sounds name them the same as what is in the file currently. The ones I have are .wav I don't know if that is required or not.

Thanks, was thinking I might be able to just find the sounds folder & swap em out with whatever I want..guess I have to rename once I do that too

For BigBox menu sounds if you want to add your own sounds there's no need to replace existing stuff in the LaunchBox Sounds folder.
You can add as many Sound Packs as you wish and select the one to use in BigBox.

Just add a new subfolder to the LaunchBox Sounds folder, give it a name and put your 4 sound files into it. The sound files naming is Back, Move, Select, Startup.
Then in BigBox go to Options, Sound and select your Sound Pack.

Game background music is different.
These files go in the LaunchBox Music folder and have ther own settings in BigBox Options Sound.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spycat said:

For BigBox menu sounds if you want to add your own sounds there's no need to replace existing stuff in the LaunchBox Sounds folder.
You can add as many Sound Packs as you wish and select the one to use in BigBox.

Just add a new subfolder to the LaunchBox Sounds folder, give it a name and put your 4 sound files into it. The sound files naming is Back, Move, Select, Startup.
Then in BigBox go to Options, Sound and select your Sound Pack.

Game background music is different.
These files go in the LaunchBox Music folder and have ther own settings in BigBox Options Sound.

Thanks gonna try that soon