LaunchBox Community Forums

If you are a former Hyperspin user, you may know of a few apps that are essential to its build. The following are apps that you can find at Hyperspin and I would love to see a plugin for

Randomizer- it randomizes a start up video

Start up script- ability to launch apps along with the front end like Joytokey, randomizer

Joytokey- ability o use a controller to press keys

Hyper speech- allows the computer to speak what is in an ini file for system info and game info

Randomizing the Start Up Video, and adding in more advanced controls is something that @Jason Carr certainly wants to do. So there may not need to be a plugin made for that.

The other 3 are interesting. The first two do exist in some form already for LaunchBox, but not for during start up. I'm not sure Plugins could even edit anything for during start up, which is another sticking point for the video. Even if Jason wasn't wanting to do that, I'm not sure a plugin could do that, at least when we're talking plugins that are developed for use within LaunchBox.

The point of the plugins is indeed to allow any and all added functionality. So if a plugin developer wants to tackle any of these things, please hit me up via a private message and I can provide any necessary hooks to make it possible. :)

The random startup video thing is the only thing on the list that we have plans to implement ourselves in the near future.

• Like 1