LaunchBox Community Forums

(Solved) Retroarch won't start for some systems ( Sega Genesis, Atari 7800..)

demeth

Hi, 

I'm having some issues with LB and retroarch.

When i try to launch a Sega genesis game, nothing happens. I had this issue for several other systems like SNES but fixing the cores line command in the emulator settings did the trick.

Nevertheless, I have this issue for Sega genesis and Atari 7800 and no matter which core I pick, nothing happens. The games are fine, retroarch is fine, the core is fine, everything works outside of launchbox.

For the genesis i did two lines for Genesis and mega drive just in case, with Picodrive AND with genesis plus gx, but nothing works.

I don't know what to do to fix this.

Same issue here: 

Edited by demeth

1 minute ago, lordmonkus said:

Do you have the GenesisGX and ProSystem cores downloaded and in the \cores folder of your Retroarch install ? 

To make sure of the typo, i went to the cores folder of retroarch so yeah, they are there. Worst part is that genesisGX works like a charm with my master system library :(

2 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Have you tried bulk editing your megadrive roms and making sure they are using retroarch?

I even added a custom command line for a game, to force it to use a core, nah, not working :(

What I did is setup 2 additionnals emulators, with retroarch too, default command line with the core I want, and just one associated platform.

So i have Retroarch named retroarch, for all of my platforms that works that way, retroarch named Atari 7800 for only the atari, and retroarch Mega drive for only the mega drive, and it works like a charm, and It's completely transparent.

Short story : If you have several associated platforms with several cores and one is not working, just dissociate it by creating an other emulator only for that platform.

Thanks for the quick help guys ! :)

Maybe I need to re-read the post, but why would you need to change RetroArch entries in LaunchBox, unless you had the unarchive option checked? If you want to just change cores, just edit the associated platform command line parameter line with the new core name.

Edit: Reading Neils post, ok I get that now. You have a completely different RetroArch install for a different default config. Though at that point, use Custom Configs? If a config is throwing something off for one core, but not others, use custom configs? Though now the questions is why would that be the case.

1 minute ago, SentaiBrad said:

Maybe I need to re-read the post, but why would you need to change RetroArch entries in LaunchBox, unless you had the unarchive option checked? If you want to just change cores, just edit the associated platform command line parameter line with the new core name.

Because no matter what i change, It won't launch my Mega drive games among other platforms. I had to create another version of retroarch to make it work.

Before i leave, do you know why I can't remap entries in retroarch with MAME or fb alpha?

The option is simply not there, and all of the cores mess up my B and A buttons (XBOX ONE controller)

Edited by demeth

1 minute ago, lordmonkus said:

You mean controller binds ?

Yes, when you go to the rgui, with options, savestates etc, there is no "remap entries" choice so i cant change A and B buttons. All of the emulators do have them, but not MANE nor fb alpha.

1 minute ago, SentaiBrad said:

Well, use the XMB UI. I don't know if rgui is even updated anymore, but look at what Monkus said right above you.

I meant XMB sorry :c

Just now, lordmonkus said:

F1 > Quick Menu > Controls are there for me with FB Alpha core and like I said with Mame if you press Tab with a game running you will bring up the Mame menu and you can change controls in there.

Thank you very much! Problem solved :D