LaunchBox Community Forums

ImageSearch

View File

Overview

Find Images on the web associated with your Platform and Game combo from AOL, Google, Bing, PicSearch and Yahoo

Instructions
Unzip ImageSearch and keep the folder ImageSearch and move this to your plugins folder in LaunchBox. 

What it does

Adds Image Search to game detail in BigBox

Adds Image Search to the game context menu in LaunchBox
Adds an Image Search Configuration to Tools in LaunchBox

How it Works

Select a game from within LaunchBox and right click to bring up your context menu.  choose Image Search and your default browser will display the images from AOL, Google, Bing, PicSearch and Yahoo.
Find an image you like and then copy the URL and Paste it in the download form that has also opened and paste the URL.  Click download to save your file.   The file will be the renamed to the selected 
Title and save in the  Plugin/ImageSearch/downloads folder.   

In BigBox make sure you have the details screen turned on. select a game and in the details screen choose Image Search and your default browser will display the images from AOL, Google, Bing, PicSearch and Yahoo. Find an image you like and then copy the URL and Paste it in the download form that has also opened and paste the URL.  Click download to save your file.   The file will be the renamed to the selected 
Title and save in the  Plugin/ImageSearch/downloads folder.   

Under tools in LaunchBox only you can access the Image Search Configuration. Here you can make various changes

1.  Choose if you want to display this in LaunchBox or BigBox
2.  Select which Search engines you like to use
3.  Change the default path of your Downloaded images.

*note if you are using this in BigBox unhide the mouse pointer.

On 5/26/2017 at 1:54 PM, NJDave71 said:

Where you able to resolve this issue?   what version of LB do you have?  There is an official release do out sometime today or over the weekend.  

*edit. I responded to the wrong problem. lol. However on this particular issue, no I never resolved it, plugins never worked, I had more important issues to deal with first.

Edited by Xrc6

• 1 year later...

Any chance this awesome plugin could be updated? I think it's buggy sometimes, and I got this crash after using it for about a 30min session... (right when submitting a URL to an image, for a game) - I'm using the latest NON-BETA v8.3)

---------

Value of '-7696600' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'. Parameter name: Value

App: LaunchBox Version: 8.3 Type: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException Site: Void set_Value(Int32) Source: System.Windows.Forms

at System.Windows.Forms.ProgressBar.set_Value(Int32 value) at ImageSearch.frmDownload.client_DownloadProgressChanged(Object sender, DownloadProgressChangedEventArgs e) at System.Net.WebClient.OnDownloadProgressChanged(DownloadProgressChangedEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

11:48:30 AM Music.Stop Start 11:48:30 AM Music.Kill Start 11:48:30 AM Music.Kill Finished 12:01:23 PM Music.Pause Start 12:04:49 PM Music.Stop Start 12:04:49 PM Music.Kill Start 12:04:49 PM Music.Kill Finished 12:07:57 PM Music.Stop Start 12:07:57 PM Music.Kill Start 12:07:57 PM Music.Kill Finished 12:09:34 PM Music.Stop Start 12:09:34 PM Music.Kill Start 12:09:34 PM Music.Kill Finished 12:10:59 PM Music.Stop Start 12:10:59 PM Music.Kill Start 12:10:59 PM Music.Kill Finished 12:11:46 PM Music.Stop Start 12:11:46 PM Music.Kill Start 12:11:46 PM Music.Kill Finished 12:18:35 PM Exception

I wrote this plugin back when plugins were introduced into Launchbox. I looks like with all the updates in LB/BB I may need to revisit this plugin.    I use it a lot myself to fill in the missing artwork.    I will take a look at and see what i can do to improve and release a new version.

• Thanks 1

• 3 years later...
On 7/1/2018 at 6:19 PM, NJDave71 said:

I wrote this plugin back when plugins were introduced into Launchbox. I looks like with all the updates in LB/BB I may need to revisit this plugin.    I use it a lot myself to fill in the missing artwork.    I will take a look at and see what i can do to improve and release a new version.

Hi again. Any chance something newer can be released for this? It's was really helpful, but now it won't even launch with the latest version of Launchbox (v12)