LaunchBox Community Forums

Keyboard Automation

ALNiKO

Hi everyone!

I posted a topic yesterday regarding redefining joystick in Bigbox and have a feeling that it is not possible at this moment. While I searched everywhere on how to swap axes, I decided to use xpadder to overcome this issue. Now I can simply use my joystick mapped to keyboard in BigBox.

However, when using joystick I found controller automation really useful, particularly Hold button+Close Active Window to exit emulators and with xpadder and keyboard I can't seem to achieve the same functionality. When I try to define either Hold or Close Active Window actions, it doesn't respond to keypresses.

Is there another way on how to automate certain functions, or I have to use the 3rd party software?

Thanks 

Controller Automation only works with a controller, so keyboard presses wouldn't work. If you could swap the sticks on the driver level, that might work. Otherwise, AHK is built in to LaunchBox, I don't remember if it automatically runs with Big Box, but that would be the alternative I would think to go to first.