LaunchBox Community Forums

retroarch, emumovies, hdd and more retaled questions

vgbox

Don't buy anything Seagate though. They fail more often than not. Otherwise, I have an 8TB drive for my stuff. I have plenty of room for quite a lot. Granted, I have my PSP, PS2 and PS1 games compressed with CSO's and PBP's, to save space but not use archives. So you can save space without using .rar or .7z, which makes things slower when you want to play games.

As for cloud storage, I pay $5 a month for BackBlaze, unlimited storage. I don't have a folder to sync, I tell it to backup certain drives and certain file extensions (I needed to remove some of the default filters so it would back up .exe's and .dll's for games, so you'll need to go in and edit that list by default). If I need something from my storage, I just go to the website, look at the break down, go in to the drive letter that I had backed up, pick the folder or files and click send me a zip. It'll package it up for me and send it to me when it's done. In extreme cases, you can even have them put it on a thumb drive or external and they'll mail that to you, for a fee of course.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SentaiBrad said:

Don't buy anything Seagate though. They fail more often than not. Otherwise, I have an 8TB drive for my stuff. I have plenty of room for quite a lot. Granted, I have my PSP, PS2 and PS1 games compressed with CSO's and PBP's, to save space but not use archives. So you can save space without using .rar or .7z, which makes things slower when you want to play games.

As for cloud storage, I pay $5 a month for BackBlaze, unlimited storage. I don't have a folder to sync, I tell it to backup certain drives and certain file extensions (I needed to remove some of the default filters so it would back up .exe's and .dll's for games, so you'll need to go in and edit that list by default). If I need something from my storage, I just go to the website, look at the break down, go in to the drive letter that I had backed up, pick the folder or files and click send me a zip. It'll package it up for me and send it to me when it's done. In extreme cases, you can even have them put it on a thumb drive or external and they'll mail that to you, for a fee of course.

That's exactly what i said...lol.

On amazon they say the ST4000DM005 is only 5900 rpm, not 7200rpm like i thought. How important is 7200rpm for lb gaming with sharing all the roms and chds in a torrent tracker at the same time? What difference would it make?

ST4000DM005 attractiveness is its price but i wouldn't want to buy something that does not fit what i need.

Edited by vgbox

I just notice that all these 3 WD hdd's now are more or less in the same price of the Seagate Barracuda HDD 4TB Sata III ST4000DM005:

Western Digital Red WD40EFRX 4TB Sata III

Western Digital Purple 4TB 64MB Sata III WD40PURX

Western Digital Caviar Blue 4TB 64MB Sata III WD40EZRZ

Is any of them better choice than ST4000DM005? Are they the latest and greatest models from WD? I know some people here are not so fond of seagate hdd's but i need to know about these specific hdd's how they fair against the seagate one. Hopefully i buy a new hdd for my lb this week. :-)

Edited by vgbox

18 hours ago, Patham said:

Just wanted to say thanks for this video. There's some very nice bezels there!

You're welcome. If you find out if there is a full mame rom bezel pack of such somewhere then it would be lovely if you post here or pm me. 

6 minutes ago, Patham said:

I don't use bezels for everything. But I like them for the old classics. I picked out Joust, Ms. Pac Man, Galaga, and Galaxian from that video and replaced what I was using with them. Otherwise I'm just using bezels from Emumovies, Mr. Do's Castle, or Progetto Snaps.

May i ask why do you use bezels from different sources? Aren't emumovies contain everything? Just for art differences? I would like my bezel art to look the same in all games. I guess i'll settle for the 4:3 aspect ratio without bezels as i would like my screen to be filled by the game window as much as possible. I think someone needs to pick the ball and make left and right bezel with 4:3 aspect ratio game window for all mame and console games. Would be awesome.