LaunchBox Community Forums

Any PC Gamers out there who use SweetFX?

alexis524

Since we don't have a dedicated PC Gamers board, anyone use SweetFX to enhance their games? I've toyed with over the years, but always wanted to play the game with the settings and look that it was created with, but, i'm about to apply one or more to as many games as i can. I just completedgrabbing the remaining Assassin's Creed titles i was missing and have been looking at few presets and can't wait to apply them to enhance my experience. Anyone else here toy with SweetFX?

18 hours ago, alexis524 said:

I think i'll be applying a preset to any game i have in my PC library from now on.

This may or may not have the effect you expect with each game. A preset that makes one game "pop" and "more vibrant" could make another game over saturated and awful looking. You really need to tweak it on a per game level.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2017 at 3:13 AM, Chris Kant said:

Do you have pictures? Sounds interessting

Did you managed to control the game completely with a controller? I have problems with menus...

I can post pictures, or better yet, here is a link that allows you to compare the original to the enhanced : https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/979/

Just click on any of the screenshots and you can control the slider with your mouse.

I am able to use my wired 360 controller to play the game once my save file is loaded. I just have to manually select it with my mouse, but after that, it's all good with my controller.

On 6/17/2017 at 3:26 AM, lordmonkus said:

This may or may not have the effect you expect with each game. A preset that makes one game "pop" and "more vibrant" could make another game over saturated and awful looking. You really need to tweak it on a per game level.

True, Lord. I understand that when it comes to presets, it's not "one-size fits all." Fortunately, there are different presets and .ini tweaks for individual games that need to be applied to their own install folder and am enjoying previewing the different effects for games i have in my library. :)