LaunchBox Community Forums

How do we modify existing themes to use Playlists Clear logos

Currently it seems only Noshthis Theme supports Custom playlists clear logos within the images directory of the theme other themes like Criticalzone and Minimal-AO do not even though I created Playlists\Clear logos folder under Image directory for each theme and placed the appropriate .png files named the same as the Playlist names

It might just be that other themes need to update for compatibility. I'm not 100%, but @CriticalCid might be able to answer that when he's available. As for if a wheel should be using specific artwork, and it's not, some themes can tell Big Box to use specific art for a wheel, and If I recall you can't change that otherwise. You can edit a platform and playlist clear logo, you can change them in LaunchBox by going to Tools -> Manage Platforms. In here, you can add and remove images. Just remember to set the category of image before clicking ok. This is the method that I've found to work the most. Once you've changed them, you may need to also reset your cache in Big Box. In the options menu is a Cache menu, and you can reset it in there.

Ah, then yea, this totally depends on each theme. If you have the knowledge you can modify the themes to do this, but that will require knowing how to work with XAML. Cid, or any other Theme creator can give you more information regarding that. You might even try requesting that the creators make an update with that in mind. Some of them I know don't mind taking some requests.

As far as I know does this new feature not require a theme update and should work with any theme out there out of the box.

1.       Are you using the latest beta version? (otherwise it won’t work)

2.       Have you refreshed the Platform Wheel Image cache after changing the theme? (you have to do this everytime you change the theme if you want to use theme specific platform images)

I’ve also suggested to Jason that the platform image cache should be always refreshed when you change the theme because of this reason. I hope he will add this soon so that this won’t be an issue anymore.

Yes to both I did a refresh all images and populate all and no go only Noshthis theme seems to use the Playlists images within that the images folder. (For Banners at least that theme didn't have a CleAr Logo Playlists folder, I created one for the other themes I tested within the Playlists folder which I also created for the other themes and placed images png named after the Playlists I have in Launchbox 

• 1 month later...