LaunchBox Community Forums

Make Launchbox Look Like Steam Grid?

Daymoon

I'm looking to replace Steam as my launcher. I bought the lifetime sub for Launchbox hoping that I could modify it to look like Steam grid view, but I'm still not quite able to get it right. Launchbox is so, so close to being exactly the library manager I need so I hope this can be fixed somehow!

I've tried editing the settings.xml file manually, tried all kinds of different stuff in options/spacing including negative numbers. Text spacing won't go below 12. Can't seem to get it to work right.

I've attached pictures of what I've got in options/spacing, how I like Steam to look generally, and the best I can do right now in Launchbox.

In launchbox I want to be able to:
1. remove all of that vertical space between icons. Horizontal spacing seems to work at 5-ish. I set vertical to zero but it is still really huge.
2. adjust the "zoom" level for the icons. That LB slider at the lower right seems to give me the option of tiny and huge, with nothing in between.
3. (kinda related to #2) how do I center the icons so there isn't a big space on the right and it looks nice?

I want to keep using 460x215 grid icons because they're easy to find, easy to make, fun to browse, and I like the art work and presentation style. I don't want to keep using steam as a launcher because it doesn't have anything near the functionality of Launchbox.

Is there a way that I can modify this? I'm pretty excited about setting up LB, but the way it displays grid icons is a big drawback for me.

Any help or pointers are greatly appreciated!

steamexample3.jpg

launchboxexample3.jpg

Launchboxsettings1.jpg

Big Box will have a specific steam like grid view here soon. As for LaunchBox, please feel free to request some changes so that it could be made more possible by clicking Issues/Requests at the top of the forums. A presets type of function, where we could share preset files for users to change their configurations for LB looks would be cool, but also opening up the ability to be able to edit more fine tuned would be cool, probably with some warnings just in case to let the user know "hey, this might not look right if you go below this value".

@Jason Carr

19 hours ago, SentaiBrad said:

Big Box will have a specific steam like grid view here soon. As for LaunchBox, please feel free to request some changes so that it could be made more possible by clicking Issues/Requests at the top of the forums. A presets type of function, where we could share preset files for users to change their configurations for LB looks would be cool, but also opening up the ability to be able to edit more fine tuned would be cool, probably with some warnings just in case to let the user know "hey, this might not look right if you go below this value".

@Jason Carr

Will do. So I assume the way I've got it is about the best I can do until (or, if) this is fixed? It's pretty close so I hope it can be implemented.

Well, it would require an update, and I wouldn't feel comfortable giving a time frame on anything. I just know that for Big Box specifically, this type of view was / is being worked on for the Betas right now. As for LB, it would still require the parameters to be able to be changed a bit more.