LaunchBox Community Forums

NES Mini Classic , Not accurate emulator :) #LOOL

dov_EL

With hakchi2 , we can add rom to Nes Classic Mini . 
I tried adding a series of ROM I use with puNES 
2017-06-29_22_08_28-_Microsoft_Edge.png

Our hakchi2 warns us when some games are not compatible because the emulator running in the Nes Classic mini does not support certain instructions,

and many game not work like Dragon Buster :D

PuNES's dev was much better than those who cared for the emulation on the Nes Classic Mini: D

Well even the 2 most popular NES emulators (Nestopia and Fceux / Fceumm RA core) are only approx 83% at best on accuracy tests according to http://tasvideos.org/EmulatorResources/NESAccuracyTests.html

When it comes to commercial use emulators for specific games like the NES Classic or Nintendos eShop games they use a basic emulator and hacks to get each game looking and functioning correctly. They don't care about getting accuracy, they take the same approach as emulator development of modern systems such as Cemu. Get the main games looking and functioning properly and worry about accuracy later. The only difference is Nintendo doesn't care about future compatibility and accuracy, if they add a new game they will simply patch in new hacks as needed.

• Like 1

I wouldn't go so far as to say they are poorly written because we simply have no idea how well or poorly they written because we don't have access to the code to know. But as you said, they are after a different set of objectives and they are for a different segment of the market / user base than hobbyist emulators.