LaunchBox Community Forums

Matching Games to media

NJDave71

One of the challenges i have been facing is getting a complete media set for my entire collection 

I am sure File name has a lot to do with it.   What suggestions does the community have or what did you do to complete your media?

Edited by NJDave71

It depends on what system you're talking about. There are many systems for which a full set of media doesn't exist yet. That being said, I personally have a few tricks I might use depending on how complicated a file name is. 

You can try to find a better named set.

You can use Don's Rom Renamer (xmls) or CLRMAMEPRO (xmls or dats) to rename a badly named set.

As a final option for really obscure systems that don't have a dat or xml, you can use Bulk Rename Utility to manually clean up the names.

Those databases are good and freely available. Glad you got it sorted. Remember that LB doesn't use any rom "naming convention". It just uses the game name. I seem to remember that they are working on adding alternate names to the lb database which will help, but by and large no intro naming is the best for most purposes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I wrote a windows application to manage media for Launchbox. I plan to release it soon. It loads yoru XMLs and generates a list of all titles, then much like the audit feature, it shows you all games missing images for the type you have selected.  It then allows you to drag and drop an image, renames it appropriately and places it in the appropriate folder.

EDIT: See here: 

Edited by igotdvds
  • Like 3