LaunchBox Community Forums

Missing cover art/ box art

Tommy1981

I've been downloading box art from Google and making my own box art for the games with missing box art. Does anyone have any suggestions on a program to create game play videos? Also what format and how long should the videos be?

What is the best way to add missing media? :) 

What methods do you guys use? 

Edited by Tommy1981

• 2 weeks later...

I just seen where windows 10 has a built in game recording app. Thought I would share this info. 

Pressing Win+G will bring it up and pressing Win+Alt+R will start the recording. 

Been adding the missing box art by googling game's images and saving them to the image folders. Now I can start filling in the missing videos.

Is there a place to submit missing cover art and videos to the games database or will syncing automatically do this? 

• Like 1

Syncing to launchbox  does NOT upload anything to the database.

I've been working on a lot of apple ii stuff.  What has been working for me is to work on your local database.  Download images, create videos, etc and place them in your local folder.  

Then use use the "add games to DB" plugin, found here:

with the plugin installed, you then right click on the game of interest.  Towards the bottom of the context menu, you'll see "add game to database" or something like that.

For videos, I've been using snagit.  If no video is present, I don't think anyone cares how long the videos are.  We're a long way towards demanding a certain bit rate, resolution, time, etc.  

Edited by sbslc2017
  • Like 1

Usually, videos are 30 seconds of gameplay followed by about 5 to 8 seconds of the title screen. They have fading both at the beggining and the end of the video. That's what emomovies use anyway.

I will try that plugin for uploading stuff. I've been adding somestuff to PS3 that's not on the DB.

• Like 1