LaunchBox Community Forums

Question about Big Box.

Didde3000

Hi mate!

I am new here, and I am thinking of buying Big Box.

But when I pay and download a theme, will I then get it all automaticly installed in its right places?

I am talking videos, pictures and sound in the presentation.

And how big are "a normal" theme, is it like Hyperspin were videos, pictures and sound can take several hundreds of GB?

Thanks for your time! =)

When you download a theme you will have to extract it to the themes folder but it is very simple. Some themes may require a few extra steps but they should have clear instructions on what you need to do.

The theme downloads are generally not very big at all but you all the game videos and pictures like screenshots are different from themes and those will be downloaded when you import your games. Gameplay videos will be downloaded from Emumovies if you have an account with them but all the other art like box art and screen shots are all on the Launchbox database which is free to everyone, even the non premium users.

5 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

When you download a theme you will have to extract it to the themes folder but it is very simple. Some themes may require a few extra steps but they should have clear instructions on what you need to do.

The theme downloads are generally not very big at all but you all the game videos and pictures like screenshots are different from themes and those will be downloaded when you import your games. Gameplay videos will be downloaded from Emumovies if you have an account with them but all the other art like box art and screen shots are all on the Launchbox database which is free to everyone, even the non premium users.

Thanks for your answer Lordmonkus!

Ok so videos wont be downloaded? Thats a bummer, I imagined that a emumovies account came with the price =/

So no movies at all?

There are movies that are a part of the theme itself but it's not individual per game videos.

Emumovies is not included with Launchbox but you do get a discount code for emumovies. I do believe though that even without an account you can download some stuff from emumovies manually with a set usage limit per day. I am not 100% certain of that though since I do not use video files and don't use emumovies.

3 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

There are movies that are a part of the theme itself but it's not individual per game videos.

Emumovies is not included with Launchbox but you do get a discount code for emumovies. I do believe though that even without an account you can download some stuff from emumovies manually with a set usage limit per day. I am not 100% certain of that though since I do not use video files and don't use emumovies.

Thanks again Lordmonkus!

Do you know what the price is after discount`? Can you like pay for a month then cancel, and still have the movies downloaded on your setup?

Sorry, I don't know the price after discount.

Yeah you can pay for one month to download what you need and then cancel. You will still be able to use the video files you just won't be able to scrape them through Launchbox.

Now of course if you can source video files from elsewhere you can just dump them into their appropriate folders and they will work just fine as long as the naming is correct.

Hi again!=)

Ok, so I created a basic emumovies account.

Basic Members

• 384 kb/s bandwidth cap
  • 20 second download delay
  • 1.5 Gigabyte data transfer per day (Increased)
  • Access to EmuMovies Sync and API (Artwork)

And I put my info in Launchbox and scraped my roms again (just put 4 in there) but I cant see any video anywhere?

Umm, hopefully someone can give you more info because like I said, I don't use emumovies at all so I don't know how it all works exactly.

But did you input you emumovies login info into Launchbox ?

And check in your \LaunchBox\Videos\"platform name" folder for video files.

You also may need to restart Launchbox to refresh it but I don't think that is necessary.

3 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

Umm, hopefully someone can give you more info because like I said, I don't use emumovies at all so I don't know how it all works exactly.

But did you input you emumovies login info into Launchbox ?

And check in your \LaunchBox\Videos\"platform name" folder for video files.

You also may need to restart Launchbox to refresh it but I don't think that is necessary.

Yes I did put my Emumovies login were it said enter userid for Emumovies=)

Nothing in video folders, and I have restarted the program.